Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sweetest Thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need a really sweet thing to say to a girl who I wont be seeing for a short while because she's off to America for a week - and the usual Soap stuff, I fancy her, she doesn't know it etc. It's going to be our last parting words that I want to leave an impression on her - I begin to see a trend in failures when I use my usual line "hey at least i'll stay beautiful sweet thing".

Any ideas? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Say something you mean, rather than some cheesey line that you have been practicing to impress her with.
  • Options
    I don't want a cheesy line - i'm just awkward with the "right" and the "meaninful" words ;)
  • Options
    How about:

"Don't worry i'll be waiting here when you get back"

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    "Have a nice time, I'll miss you, take care..." You could touch her hand...

:(

Ignore me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    "Have a nice time, I'll miss you, take care..." You could touch her hand...

:(

Ignore me.

awwwwww, everything ok?
  • Options
    Re: Sweetest Thing
    Originally posted by Scandalous
    I need a really sweet thing to say to a girl who I wont be seeing for a short while because she's off to America for a week - and the usual Soap stuff, I fancy her, she doesn't know it etc. It's going to be our last parting words that I want to leave an impression on her - I begin to see a trend in failures when I use my usual line "hey at least i'll stay beautiful sweet thing".

Any ideas? :confused:

Yeah, just sat something with meaning like :-

"I'm missing you already!"

or

"Hurry back!"

or

"What am I gonna do without you?"

etc etc

Your line "hey at least i'll stay beautiful sweet thing" implies that SHE won't stay beautiful ... talk about HER, not yourself.

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    Think like the UPS, it's all in the delivery.

What you say doesn't have to go down in history as the sweetest and most heart-rending farewell. You could easily just say "i'll miss you" just as long as you make her know you mean it. This means eye contact, a hug (if you're own those terms), smile, just be you.
  • Options
    what i do is just think quickly what i want to say in my head ie:

im goin to miss you

and then, i exaggerate it, and make it more eloquent etc, till it's something really sweet girls go 'awwww' at. ie:

"What am I going to do when you're gone? Because I know how great it feels to be around you, so when you're gone, I feel the loss even moreso. I'm going to miss you so bad :("

actually that was crap :p but... i think better on my feet :) - when i have it running through my head on all channels. and thats probably too OTT for a girl you aren't actually going out with :confused:

good luck anyway mate
  • Options
    Its morte about body language than what you actually say:

More than likely going to be hard to say them to her, so make full eye contact sound sincere, even try to hold her hand.
    try write what you plan on saying down, read over it change it until you have something you are roughly happy with then you'll feel more confident in saying it!

Any problems on what exactly to say give me some background how much you like her what happened so far and what you expect to happen and I'll help you out, im quite the poet!
    :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    im quite the poet!
    :p
    for gods sake, please don't try to sound poetic, i haven't known one single case where the recipient didn't guffaw or want to vom
  • Options
    Originally posted by Screwtape
    for gods sake, please don't try to sound poetic, i haven't known one single case where the recipient didn't guffaw or want to vom

Ye but say it a bit humnourous+sincere and none of all this your my wind me earth my fire, your the love of my life crap:

For the few old romantics left out there let them have there say, and let em say it there way!
  • Options
    Just say what's closest to your heart. Don't rehearse a line, it'll just seem false. Be genuine and say how you feel. If she backs off with that then you know the score straight away.