Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Alone / Loneliness...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Everybody has something different they are afraid of and some people share the same fear of things, Personally im afraid of being alone, for like the rest of my life of never find someone to be with, Its just a question before any one starts making references to previous posts ive made, Im just wondering if any one else feels the same, Im more afraid of going through life and never finding someone to share life with someone to hug to kiss etc Something like dieing seems like nothing to me compared to loneliness tbh, im not afraid of death at all but this i am, Just wondered if any one else felt this way. The way i feel just now, im going to be alone and single for a long long time.

Forget everything else and focus on just this......???

Its only a question after all

Comments

• Options
    I don't think anyone wants to be lonely. Can you imagine having to go through life with no one else there. Whats the point of climbing mount everest if you have no one to tell? Loneliness is an issue for me as well. I conquer it with obsession however, though my friends think it's unhealthy for me :p

What did you put in the other threads? :p
  • Options
    I suppose people will say they are not scared of being lonely because they are all sorted with a partner & things but then you remove all these things & become lonely then you'll discover a fear.

I suppose all us humans are scared of being lonely because we are a sociable being & can't live without interaction with others.

Ooo god deeeep thinking again :D

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    im exactly the same. my greatest fear is being alone for the rest of my life, more than death. and apart from 2 weeks i have been alone all my life so it would seem that my worst fears are becoming a reality.

it is my worst fear and i spend most of my time (especially in work where i got nothing else to think of) thinking about it which gets me really down so i am really down all the time.
  • Options
    Hi, yes mate i have these fears too.

My fear is that i'll never meet someone that i love who loves me back. I can imagine my life ending up without a wife, family, etc.
    I seemed destined to be the sad bachelor who can only hang on to women for a month at a time.
    Maybe this is due to the fact that this has been the story of my life so far and i dont forsee it changing

(damn such self pity :rolleyes: )
  • Options
    the thought of being alone scares me yea, i mean imagine that! *shudders* i dont wana! but i dont really think bout it, everyone will meet someone some day. (how cheesy!)
  • Options
    Many people in long term solid relationships also fee alone or lonely!

You need friends as well as lovers. Yes perhaps the thought of growing old 'alone' is a scary one but don't forget that you need good friends and hopefully good family too.

I too would find it weird to be alone but after my dad and mum split up it was wonderful to see my mum discover not only new possibilities in her personal relationship but also new friends. She went from knowing no-one in the street she had lived in for 10 years to building up a network of friends.

Of course you can't live just for your friends, and they will find relationships of their own that may take them away from their friends but don't underestimate the value of those frienships.

You need close human contact but you can't rely on even the strongest relationship being there for you all the time or forever!