Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

mr doesnt knowitall anymore

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
um, i thought i knew most things about sex and pregnancy and such but something my mate said has got me all confused now.
basically, i had sex with this girl twice(on different occasions), without a condom, i didnt come ether time but my mate says theres a good chance shes pregnant becuase to get away with unprotected sex once is lucky, twice is near enough impossible.
surely the odds dont change, right???

Comments

• Options
    The odds don't change, but that's about mathematics not sex.

But the fact remains that yes, of course she could still have got pregnant! You can't rely on 'pulling out' before you ejaculate because you could still have sperm on the end of your penis already. :rolleyes:

*puts on schoolteacher voice* How many times do young people these days have to be told, always use a condom!
  • Options
    *brings out wooden stick*

if you will please removes your undergarments and bend over for your caning, sir..

there is such a thing as pre-cum, or, failing to register that, how about makin her take the morning after pill?

babies, babies everywhere..
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    You can't rely on 'pulling out' before you ejaculate because you could still have sperm on the end of your penis already. :rolleyes:

It wasnt a case of pulling out before ejaculating, it was more a case of just couldnt ejaculate. we were having sex for ages but nothing. looking back its probably for the best that i didnt and as a rule, yes i always do wear a condom, i think it must have been a combination of alchohol and hornyness that made the exeption.

Can anyone give actual figures (percentages and stuff) of actual chances of getting pregnant from pre-cum??
  • Options
    not very much to be honest.

i cant remember the actually percentage of the whole palava, but i think its something like, if a healthy woman aged between 15 and 25 has unprotected sex twice a week with a healthy man, she has a 75% chance of getting pregnanct within a year. and thats with actually sperm inside her.

precum - they'll be a chance, there always is, but it will be very low
  • Options
    Yep, there is a small chance that a girl can pregnant from pre cum - see this feature - but, in all honesty, what you really need to be worrying about is not protecting yourself against STIs. Not using a condom with a girl whose sexual history is unknown to you should be out of the question. Please read up on our features about STIs - and if you do decide you want to have STI tests, go to your GP or call the following helplines. So come on, stop all this worry and play safe from now on - it doesn't take much to carry a condom!

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334

:)
  • Options
    Re: mr doesnt knowitall anymore
    Originally posted by icey
    my mate says theres a good chance shes pregnant becuase to get away with unprotected sex once is lucky, twice is near enough impossible.
    surely the odds dont change, right???

The odds are the same (assuming the same conditions) each time but obviously the more you do it the more the odds stack up when there only needs to be one time that you 'score'

e.g the odds are 1 in 10 for each individual time thus if you have sex once the odds are agianst it.

If however you have sex 10 times then the chances form the whole set are that you have got her pregnant..........

But this is just a Maths lesson, see the link above for more relevant advice..............
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    e.g the odds are 1 in 10 for each individual time thus if you have sex once the odds are agianst it.

If however you have sex 10 times then the chances form the whole set are that you have got her pregnant..........

But this is just a Maths lesson, see the link above for more relevant advice..............

This is just a maths lesson? if its a one in ten chance, and you do it ten times, that makes the odds 10 in 100.

I see your point though. The odd once or twice and you'll probably be ok, just dont make a habit of it.

:thumb: DingDangDo :thumb:
  • Options
    This thread is two years old. Let it rest in peace.