Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chasing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I met a girl exactly a week ago today! I got her number (in a pizza shop, class). I had noticed her in the pub earlier in the night and thought, waw, she's nice! Anyway, it turned out she was only 18, I'm 23! When I asked her for her number at the time she was taken aback and said to me she didn't think I would contact her (because 1, I'm a lad, 2, I was older, and 3, I think she thought I looked good). So, I went home happy in the knowledge that we'd meet because of her keeness so 2 days later I texted her and said 'Hi, How you doing, told you I'd text you' - nothing major, just a lighthearted note to see if we could get some banter going then we'd arrange to meet. However, no reply! Fine, I just thought perhaps no money in her phone so I left it! Then, last night I saw her in the pub but didn't get a cahnce to call, but seeing her reminded me how nice she was so I decided to text again last night, saying - Hi, when are we meeting'? Blunt and to the point, but again as it stands no reply. So the point of all this is, should I keep on chasing or just leave it'. Chasing isn't really the way I like to do things, 1 because it makes me feel weak and stupid and 2 because I simply think girls don't like that! Does anyone have anything to say on chasing, does it work and do girls like it because clearly the casual approach isn't working!

Comments

• Options
    Why don't you actually ring her? If she hangs up on you, or she puts you through to voicemail, forget her, and move on.
  • Options
    i dont like chasing either really... it makes me feel like im being taken for a ride if you know what i mean? But yeh give her a vcall and if thats it then thats it :)
  • Options
    Call

Good shout - I'll do it when I'm drunk tonight so she knows I'm doing it with weakened will power anyway because I've been drinking.
  • Options
    Are you sure calling her when pissed is a good idea?
  • Options
    Re: Call
    Originally posted by funkyhouseboy11
    Good shout - I'll do it when I'm drunk tonight so she knows I'm doing it with weakened will power anyway because I've been drinking.

heh just give her a call now. pick up your mobile and ring her number and say "hi, im the guy from last week in the pizza shop, do you remember me?" and start a conversation, then arrange to meet somewhere. then voila :)
  • Options
    Just call her, you muppet. And don't call her when pissed. Jeeesus, what's wrong with talking to people? Why do people have to text all the time?!

It could be that she gave you the wrong number or something, or she's lost her phone or whatever... and the only you'll find out is to actually call her!
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Just call her, you muppet. And don't call her when pissed. Jeeesus, what's wrong with talking to people? Why do people have to text all the time?!

I'd guess it's the safety aspect. Texting is less personal and therefore if they blow you out then it's easier to handle. Hence the reason he wants to ring when pissed. Fully understand that reasoning.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carolina
    I'd guess it's the safety aspect. Texting is less personal and therefore if they blow you out then it's easier to handle. Hence the reason he wants to ring when pissed. Fully understand that reasoning.
    Hmm. Maybe that's good for self-preservation if you're timid, but as for creating a good impression and chances of success with the girl... I'd prefer it far more to be called than texted!
  • Options
    Tonight

Ok - I've not called her yet - BUT, I will probably see her tonight in the flesh down the pub. What do I do - just say hi and act like I am not bothered is probably the best idea eh? I could jokingly say, your playing hard to get eh, with ref to no getting a text or just leave it OR don't even speak and let her make the move so I don't make an arse of myself?
  • Options
    Re: Tonight
    Originally posted by funkyhouseboy11
    Ok - I've not called her yet - BUT, I will probably see her tonight in the flesh down the pub. What do I do - just say hi and act like I am not bothered is probably the best idea eh? I could jokingly say, your playing hard to get eh, with ref to no getting a text or just leave it OR don't even speak and let her make the move so I don't make an arse of myself?

girls like a risktaker. so if you take the risk of making an arse out of yourself in order to speak to her, im sure she'll appreciate it. that is, unless she doesn't like you. oh well plenty more out there but who's going to care if you make an arse out of yourself? Are you going with mates? :confused: because pack behaviour intimidates most people. if you're on your own then you have nothing to worry about, just go home and forget what happened. unless you take her home too ;)
  • Options
    meh, personally if I was her, I'd be a bit taken aback by the attention - if I didn't reply to someone, I wouldn't expect them to keep getting in touch with me. Did you speak to her when you saw her in the pub that weekend?