Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Losing All Hope

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm just so bored with the people I call my mates. There's no one I particularly relate to, no one I'd particularly miss if they suddenly disappeare. No one I can really trust.

I want friends who are actually loyal, trustworthy and genuine. I'm sick of being the one that gets shat on every time. Why can't people be more REAL and genuine, not fakes?
I can't wait to meet some real people with real educated beliefs, with real feelings and real ambitions.

I want to be appreciated... not trodden on.

Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    i get this all the time hun.
    then i think about how they're really great and are nice people and i cheer up
  • Options
    You will find people to relate to in time. I'd guess and say that most of your current freinds are friends from your school days. Friends that you've grown up with.
    In time you'll find that you grow appart from some of them, and start to make new friends. You might make new friends through college, Uni, or work. You might befriend those friends friends, and so on, and before you know it, you have new friends. Hopefully they'll be more mature. Hopefully some of them will become true friends - genuine friends you can trust.
    It takes time though.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Thanx Mr_Wobble, that really helps..

I do hope you're right :)

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I do hope you're right
    Of course I am! Trust me. ...I'm your friend! :D *keeps fingers crossed behind back*

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Losing All Hope
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I'm just so bored with the people I call my mates. There's no one I particularly relate to, no one I'd particularly miss if they suddenly disappeare. No one I can really trust.

I want friends who are actually loyal, trustworthy and genuine. I'm sick of being the one that gets shat on every time. Why can't people be more REAL and genuine, not fakes?
    I can't wait to meet some real people with real educated beliefs, with real feelings and real ambitions.

I want to be appreciated... not trodden on.

Ilora x

i understand completely sweetie but as Mr_Wobble said you will find people that you can relate to, but it wont happen overnight. these things take time im afraid. but you have loads of different friend making opportunities to come so you will find people who are on your wavelength :)
  • Options
    I was feeling exactly like that Ilora over the past 6months or so - it's just because your schoolfriends are people you've been friends with for aaaages and you all change a lot - and often become very different! I was beginning to find I didn't have much in common with a lot of my friends any more.

But now I've been at uni only 3 weeks and am already making lots of new friends who have the same values, interests and general mindset as me - a fresh start was really all that was needed, I think!

And I've almost lost contact with some of my friends already, but others I'm in touch with all the time and we're gettingon much better because we've all spent time apart.

Cheer up, it will get better I promise!