Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mingers are people too

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Seriously though, I'm just pissed off with this attitude that someone's a 'nerd' or a 'minger' so there's nothing good about them full stop. I don't care for that bullshit. They're living, breathing human beings, just the same as you or me. They've got qualities that deserve to be appreciated. Qualities that, in my opinion, absolutely piss on that of their good-looking counterparts. Rant over. Now go and suck up to your bullshitting, sad, empty, shallow, stupid pop star tarts. Because I don't care.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Mingers are people too
    Originally posted by will haycock
    Seriously though, I'm just pissed off with this attitude that someone's a 'nerd' or a 'minger' so there's nothing good about them full stop. I don't care for that bullshit. They're living, breathing human beings, just the same as you or me. They've got qualities that deserve to be appreciated. Qualities that, in my opinion, absolutely piss on that of their good-looking counterparts. Rant over. Now go and suck up to your bullshitting, sad, empty, shallow, stupid pop star tarts. Because I don't care.

*round of applause*

Quite.
  • Options
    i take it your a minger then.....

and before any one jumps on my heels, im only codding, what he says is very harsh but very true
  • Options

Sooo True

*round of applause*
  • Options
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    i take it your a minger then.....

No, he's a nerd :p

No, but really, everyone is attractive to someone, there is no such thing as a minger, but there many people who I think is minging.
  • Options

If only more people were like you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    No, but really, everyone is attractive to someone, there is no such thing as a minger, but there many people who I think is minging.

:yes: I agree

I think what hurts tho is when you like someone but don't tell anyone and then your friends start talking about them as a minger :(
  • Options
    Now go and suck up to your bullshitting, sad, empty, shallow, stupid pop star tarts.

Doesn't anyone else realise how stupidly contradictory that was? If 'Nerds' and 'Mingers' are people with feelings, what are pop stars? You need to stop acting like everyone's against you and insulting people better off than you. Just because someone's rich and famous doesn't mean they're any of those things.
  • Options
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Mingers are people too
    Originally posted by bad seed
    True enough.

One can be an ugly tosser, or an attractive tosser.

:)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Mingers are people too
    Originally posted by Ray J
    Doesn't anyone else realise how stupidly contradictory that was? If 'Nerds' and 'Mingers' are people with feelings, what are pop stars? You need to stop acting like everyone's against you and insulting people better off than you. Just because someone's rich and famous doesn't mean they're any of those things.

I have to say you're right actually. I take back that line about pop stars. I don't envy pop stars though, if that's the impression I gave.

Originally posted by the doc horatio:
    No, he's a nerd

Fair enough if you think that. I'm open to criticism. But why do you think that?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Mingers are people too
    Originally posted by the doc horatio:
    No, he's a nerd

Fair enough if you think that. I'm open to criticism. But why do you think that?

I think he was joking, with the ':p' smily and all. *shrug*
  • Options
    i'm incredibly shallow

well maybe not incredibly.
    i even fancied a fat girl yesterday....... :p:lol:

don't stab me. :nervous:
  • Options

Yep, i wish everyone in the world would take people for what they are like as a person rather than their outsides...
  • Options
    I agree with above ^^^^
  • Options
    I agree that it's a shame society is so shallow as a whole.

BUT I think there's some sense in the attitude of people who go for good-looking people and ignore the others. If you care about your appearance, dress well, eat healthily, stay clean and fresh, try to look good, I think it denotes a certain amount of self-respect. And I like people who have self-respect and who make an effort.

A lot of people I meet aren't hugely beautiful but they make an effort to look well-presented or attractive in their own way, and also a nice personality always comes through in your looks.

They say a flirty smile can make anyone attractive.

Hence a lot of people given the name 'mingers' are people who don't even brush their hair or wear clean clothes, and go around sulking. Hence they don't pull.

Anyone see what I'm getting at? My brain's a bit frazzled today so sorry if I sound a bit confusing, but basically effort and self-confidence make you look better, so people who don't look that good can often not be such 'attractive' (not just in the physical sense) people.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Mingers are people too
    Originally posted by leeseylicious
    If only more people were like you.

..... Then the world would be a boring, ugly place.;) ;)

I think mingers can change, with a little effort (not saying they should have too!). Take Jade from BB. Overweight, mouthy, millions had seen her kebab (and that's before she showed it on telly!):p

And now she 22, looking good. great shape and very fuckable indeed :naughty:

Fairy tales can come true, just need to believe:p
  • Options
    Great sentiment and all, but to be honest everyone is shallow to an extent I think. But yeah, there's no need to be hurtful to those who don't push your buttons.

Heh.
  • Options
  • Options
    To me the most important thing is someone’s personality however I would be lying (and so would almost everyone excluding the blind) if I said physical looks had no effect on me, because we all like to look good and look at good looking people however like its been said your personality can unconsciously affect how people perceive you.

And at the end of the day as the saying goes "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Just because your not the worlds best looking person isnt anything to be ashamed of and really you shouldnt let people make you feel bad.

so umm in conclusion yeah umm i agree with you but dont believe there's anyone out there who doesnt care about looks even in the slightest