Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

INdustrial

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what do you reckon about industrial piercings?

sorry if it's been done before, i mean i can't remember it....

Comments

• Options
    industrial piercings?

thats the signal.
    quick.
    pierce the factory
  • Options
    :lol:

erm....anyway
  • Options
    this is a pic of one

tis the top one
  • Options
    that looks bloody painful
  • Options
    They're a complete bastard to heal and you really have to try not to sleep on that side because you tend to bump it without noticing.
    It hurt, but nothing major. More trouble than they're worth IMO.
  • Options
    hmm....thanks smash. I'll have a think about that...

...so anyone else! Please comments even if it is to say you think it's shite (which it soo isn't)....

?
  • Options
    My boyfriend has one in each ear with spikes on the end instead of balls.

I think they look nice :)
  • Options
    I think they look okay, I spose, but... can't you just imagine someone yanking it? *screams*
  • Options
    heh heh...........cringes

nah, i think i'll get it done next pay.....or the one after!

I'll post a pic if i do
  • Options
    i have small ears so it might look a lil funny, and yeah, i can always take it out ayy........hey jamie, you should get one!
  • Options
    i like them, but they're a bitch to heal.

my piercer recommends getting the two holes pierced and letting them heal individually, with seperate CBRs/barbells, before putting the long barbell in.

apparently it puts less stress on it, and it's more likely to heal nicely.
  • Options
    oooh okay, i'll talk to my piercer about it..thanks all
  • Options
    Well, they hurt like a bitch to have done, especially as the needle is being lined up for the second hole *ow ow ow ow* It throbbed for two weeks solid. It flares up if bumped, especially as when you knock it you're knocking two holes in one go. It means I can't easily sleep on my left side (this isn't a problem 99% of the time as I prefer sleeping on my right side, or back). And just when you think it might finally be healing, it does something weird - such as I woke up this morning, and one of the holes had bled a little during the night. :(
    I've had mine for a year and eight months, and the damn thing still hasn't healed fully. But I love the look of it! And love the look of them on other people, especially when spikes are worn instead of the balls.
    Here's mine...

wobble_industrial.jpg

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    hmm.....okay, i'll have a think about it then, i really want one, but i don't know how much pain i can deal with, i mean, everytime i get a new piercing i tell myself never again....

v sexy mr wobble
  • Options
    scaffolds in the ear and mouth spike slook amazing...but painful. I prefer flesh rings myself *points to ear*
  • Options
    Hi Fugue!
    I noticed that on another thread you said you've gone and got one! Weeeee! Hurts like a bitch doesn't it? :D Mine throbbed painfully for about three weeks. Sometimes running it under a hot shower helped, sometimes that aggrivated it. Cleaning it was sore too. :( However, one day, just after three weeks, it just stopped throbbing, and all was well. Still needed full cleaning with salt water for some time after that, but now I just give it a good daily clean after a bath/shower.
    How's yours going?

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I don't think it hurt that much to get it pierced at all. My lip hurt a lot more. The first whole was fine, the second hole made my ear really hot. that's about it. Other than that the only times it has hurt is when i have knocked it (done that a fare few times. funny how you never knock things til you get them pierced :rolleyes: ) and when i clean it. Cleaning is a real bitch.
    I'm getting spikes for it tomorrow. heh heh

thanks for asking mr wobble ;)

heres a pic of it, looks dodgy tho cos you can't see the bar from this angle.
  • Options
    Not a very clear pic, but it looks ok to me. :)
    I found it to be the most painful piercing I have. The second hole was the worst. I could feel the skin stretching, then finally giving way as the needle went through. And that hurt like hell! :crazyeyes:
    You're putting spikes on it already!!! :eek: I've had mine for almost two years now, and still haven't had the courage to try spikes as it can be uncomfortable enough catching the balls. :( Also, I've never taken it out before, so I'm naturally nervous about doing that for the first time too.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    yeah i'm getting spikes on wednesday. I don't like the look of the balls very much, and yeah, why not. ;) It's not like you have to take the bar out to put the spikes on. Ah, i didn't bump it at work again today. woo hoo. It's a lil itchy tho. must............not...........scratch....argh!
    I really didn't find it very painful to get pierced, but then again pain doesn't other me all that much. *shurgs* I'm soo stoked, i was shitting myself when i went to get it done, i read a whole bunch of stories of bme and yeah. Most of em were scary!

i say get spikes if thats what you want, just get lil ones til you get used to it. :p