Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

psychological damage ??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know taking acid can leave people psychologically damaged but what about taking E's ?

I used to drop pills every wkend ( only for about 2months) and then had a bad trip on one which sort of put me off them. I said I would never take one again and its been about 5months since I last did and am craving them again.
Anyway what I was saying about the psychological damage stuff... like sometimes when i'm on my own i just start thinking about times wen iv been on a pill and i like start acting really wierd and feel like am actually on a pill and sometimes I have bad flashbacks from when I had my first bad trip on a pill and these flashbacks just stay in my head and can sometimes keep me up all night... its really wierd.

Just wondering if anybody else has ever experienced anything like this ??:crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    Well obivously the first thing to say is, do NOT do anymore till you are over this, its not going to be a good idea.

Secondly the flash backs are not caused by any chemical left overs from your pill experiance. You had a traumatic time and your brain is re-living that so you can learn from it.

Its probably best you talk to your GP about this if it is causing you serious distress, explain the whole situation to them and they will understand and be able to help you.
  • Options
    oh aye...35 yrs of it and i'm damaged. for sure lass ...it is perdition road your going down if your not careful. rein in the horses and return to the inn for a while.
  • Options
    Re: psychological damage ??
    Originally posted by AnonymousLaydee
    like sometimes when i'm on my own i just start thinking about times wen iv been on a pill and i like start acting really wierd and feel like am actually on a pill

yeh ive had that before, only for a couple of days afterwards, if i think back to the session my heart starts racing again. weird. psycologically it can cause paranoia and depression because it messes with the chemicals in your brains, mainly serotonin levels. But there is no solid proof that these effects are long term, im sure that the brain has ways of rebalancing chemical levels over time.
  • Options
    Re: Re: psychological damage ??
    Originally posted by Londonboy
    yeh ive had that before, only for a couple of days afterwards, if i think back to the session my heart starts racing again. weird. psycologically it can cause paranoia and depression because it messes with the chemicals in your brains, mainly serotonin levels. But there is no solid proof that these effects are long term, im sure that the brain has ways of rebalancing chemical levels over time.
    I THINK YOUR oops ...all mad! why take these things if your wondering around saying ...'doh' ....my head hurts ...
    are my brain cells advancing or becoming extinct? will the levels of serotonin level out soon scotty ? you can be sure of that cap'n ...if you believe so and so that is ...
    it's gotta be bad for your health if your going round with all this stuff in your head ...there are much nicer thngs to be thinking in about ...
  • Options
    I'd aggree with you totaly morrocan, it sounds crazy, but well most people dont have such harsh reactions to it, I've had some nasty comedowns but nothing where I thought it had done me any serious harm.
    Everyone judges the ups and downs for themselves, I guess some people would rather have fun today and fuck their future, which is sad.
  • Options
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Re: Re: psychological damage ??
    Originally posted by Londonboy
    psycologically it can cause paranoia and depression because it messes with the chemicals in your brains, mainly serotonin levels. But there is no solid proof that these effects are long term, im sure that the brain has ways of rebalancing chemical levels over time.

Another way of looking at it is that there is not proof that the effects aren't long term... The body is remarkably resilient and adaptable, but if you start playing to much with the delicate chemical balances in your brain it may adapt in ways that may not be healthy to your state of mind..............
  • Options
    Plus its not just to do with chemical imbalances, thats just not the way it works, yes there is the matter of the levels of seritonin inside the brain, but there is also the issue of the nerve endings. If they are fused/die because of the heat and the drug then they arent going to come back.
  • Options
    Re: useful articles...
    Originally posted by Susie
    E and mental illness

E and holes in the brain

Susie :)

wow that was actually really useful stuff to read. The stories about that guy who suffered from anxiety attacks after taking MDMA were quite scary... :(