Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kill Bill

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
just back from seeing this at the cinema. what a fucking amazing film. me and my friend left it absolutely stunned and speechless. highly recommend people to go and see it. tis gonna be a classic :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I shall tell you if I agree in a few hours time once I've been to see it :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    yeah lemme know glitterybabe I got it here and undecided whether to watch it or give it straight to my sister ;) ta
    Oooooooh watch it, watch it :hyper:

Have to agree with Laura, it was pretty damn good, if not just a bit too gorey for my poor wee eyes but ya kinda get used to all the blood and gore after about the first 5 mins!

The only bad thing is that we have to wait til 25th Feb 2004 for Kill Bill Volume 2 :mad:
  • Options
    What a fucking ace film. You've gotta loove tarantino!

top shelf mate.
  • Options
    i so wanna see this film looks absoulty amazin and by the reviews its gettin i just might have to, but i aint got no mullah to go until the end of the month will it still be on then?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    undecided whether to watch it or give it straight to my sister ;) ta

That just sounds O so very wrong.

It seems to be kinda loads of rave reviews. It's on my list of films to see for sure.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Glittery Vodka
    The only bad thing is that we have to wait til 25th Feb 2004 for Kill Bill Volume 2 :mad:

25th Feb :( not happy.

im planning on going to see it again. its good stuff :D
  • Options
    its an 18 isnt it?:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    its an 18 isnt it?:(

yeah ... but even as its an 18 i still wouldnt go and see it if you are quite faint hearted :)
  • Options
    mmmm yes, I've been warned off it because of the gore - which is a shame cos the trailers I've seen have been really good. Still, it wouldn't do for me to faint in the cinema and a) disturb the rest of the people b) not get my money's worth!
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    yeah ... but even as its an 18 i still wouldnt go and see it if you are quite faint hearted :)

bah. if only i was 6 months older
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    bah. if only i was 6 months older

not long to wait though :)
  • Options
    not long to wait though :)

have to wait till may, and itll probably be out on dvd or something by then, i hope!
  • Options
    So people who have seen it, does it work as a film in itself seeing as it is in reality, only half 1.
  • Options
    Watched this on Friday and was absolutely blown away.

Ulma played her part as a strong-willed character desperate for revenge well. The use of anime and different camera techniques was clever, we're treated to some really beautiful shots. A big credit to Tarantino for the impressive directing.

My only criticism would be the over-exaggerated fight scenes, which I hear was just a nod to all those samurai flicks. I thought they added to the intensity of the whole thing but some may argue differently. There was a lot more gore than expected, if you're squeamish I strongly advise you give it a miss! Leeseylicious, I was satisfied with seeing the first half - JUST. It did make me eager to see the second though, I advise that you wait until they're both released.
  • Options
    Originally posted by leeseylicious
    So people who have seen it, does it work as a film in itself seeing as it is in reality, only half 1.

:yes: it has a very clear ending (not to give too much away) but you know that there is more to come.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Neil
    My only criticism would be the over-exaggerated fight scenes
    I agree, the way she chopped peoples arms off and then the blood started spurting out was kinda like an Itchy & Scratchy cartoon :eek2:
  • Options
    Yeah but that is exactly what it makes it bareable in my opinion. The level of violence is so high, the jets of blood so abundant, the heads, arms and legs chopped so aplenty that it actually becomes comical.

I actually found the violence (rather like the car scene in Pulp Fiction when Marvin gets his head blown off) extremely funny. Tarantino certainly has a talent making people laugh about what you wouldn't normally laugh about. The whole cinema, packed full, was going "Ohhhh!" and "Aaaaarrgh!" every few seconds. Fantastic!

An absolute classic! I can't recommend it enough! Certainly one I plan to watch again on the big screen, something I seldom do.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    An absolute classic! I can't recommend it enough! Certainly one I plan to watch again on the big screen, something I seldom do.

:yes: its not often i watch a film twice at the cinema. cant wait to see it again.
  • Options
    best film of the year
  • Options
    :yes: its not often i watch a film twice at the cinema. cant wait to see it again.

Good film wouldnt go see it again though-

Gore is top quality though!
  • Options
    Brilliant film i thought.

Good plot.

Next one should be good.
  • Options
    i cried at the bit when Uma woke up from her coma..discovered she'd lost (or thinks) her baby

my friend punched me in the arm!

bugger.:(
  • Options
    Re: Kill Bill
    tis gonna be a classic :D

knew I shoulda bought that kill bill uma thurman signed photo for 40 quid.
  • Options
    I saw this movie last night and have very mixed views about it.

First off have to say Ulma Thurman was totally amazing in the movie - I can't think of any other women that could have carried it off.

seconds what a great movie for women - all the main characters were women in very strong roles, that in itself made a nice change.

The fight scenes were totally amazing done in the very matrix style that has ben copied so much these days but still good to watch

BUT on the down side I hated the cound track it was just too much of spegetti westerns, when I was little my Dad used to love Clint Eastwood Cowboy movies and the sound tracks were a total rip off from that,

Also the movie didn't really finish - it's only one third of a full movie - in some ways I think it would be better to wait for all three movies to be made and watch them all in a single day - cos it's totally cruel to make us wait another year to see part 2 when part 1 in itself isn't a complete movie - not like say a movie like Back to the Future Part 1 which I thoguht was very much more of a complete movie.

I also find it hard to take Lucy Lou seriously when the woman is so crosseyed

I also find it totally unbelieveable that the first assign fails to shoot Ulma Thurman when she's supposed to be that good, that seemed pretty fake to me. If you're that deadly you gotta be a better shot ??

I think all three movies are worth seeing when they are made and like I said Thurman totally makes that movie :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I saw this movie last night and have very mixed views about it.

First off have to say Ulma Thurman was totally amazing in the movie - I can't think of any other women that could have carried it off.

seconds what a great movie for women - all the main characters were women in very strong roles, that in itself made a nice change.

The fight scenes were totally amazing done in the very matrix style that has ben copied so much these days but still good to watch

BUT on the down side I hated the cound track it was just too much of spegetti westerns, when I was little my Dad used to love Clint Eastwood Cowboy movies and the sound tracks were a total rip off from that,

Also the movie didn't really finish - it's only one third of a full movie - in some ways I think it would be better to wait for all three movies to be made and watch them all in a single day - cos it's totally cruel to make us wait another year to see part 2 when part 1 in itself isn't a complete movie - not like say a movie like Back to the Future Part 1 which I thoguht was very much more of a complete movie.

I also find it hard to take Lucy Lou seriously when the woman is so crosseyed

I also find it totally unbelieveable that the first assign fails to shoot Ulma Thurman when she's supposed to be that good, that seemed pretty fake to me. If you're that deadly you gotta be a better shot ??

I think all three movies are worth seeing when they are made and like I said Thurman totally makes that movie :D

is it not only 2 movies ... vol 1 and vol 2?
  • Options
    is it not only 2 movies ... vol 1 and vol 2?
    Oui :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Glittery Vodka
    Oui :yes:

Oh I thought it was 3 movies -then I feel even more cheated - they should have just made it 3 to 3.5 hours long and made one entire film from it - the whole Volume 1 and volume 1 thing just seems like a way to make extra money.
  • Options
    Hmm.....

I dont think any of Tarantinos films are ever as good as all the hype! Especailly for instance, pulp fiction -not enough drugs or violence, and with this way too much violence that it was just one blood bath with a really shitty plot.

I thought the directing was quality, thought the film had been made really well, with the bit where uma is fighting the blokes with the blue background-that was so well made, and the cartoony bit - tarantino is good at what he does.

But, it was kinda dull. The whole plot just bored me, there were no complications, it was straight forward and hmm... you dont exactly need a mind to watch that film.

And whats with the bloody spurting out of peoples limbs? So realistic-just like the rest of the film :rolleyes: Oh yeah one woman can take on 200 samurais :rolleyes:

But, im going to go and see the second, and angelina jolie would have played a much better role! Just dont think i could have bared to see her gorgeous face all messed up at the beginning... cant stand uma! shes so annoying and so so so ugly!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Yeah but that is exactly what it makes it bareable in my opinion. The level of violence is so high, the jets of blood so abundant, the heads, arms and legs chopped so aplenty that it actually becomes comical.

:yes: completly agree!
  • Options
    I liked the plot, simple and to the point, and are you forgetting the twist at the end that sets up the next film? :confused:

I thought the sound track was in fact superb. I just goddam love the piece of music from the trailers that was used at the start of the resteraunt fight scene when O-Ren and her crew first enter the resteraunt, superb!

And for those of you who think the violence was over the top you may be intereasted to knoiw that the British version is in fact edited. The japanese version supposedly has far more gore!!!!! :eek: :lol: