Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Crack down on nuisances.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Pictures of a tearaway teenager are to be distributed in Middlesbrough, in the hope of stopping him re-offending. On Tuesday he was made the subject of an Anti Social Behaviour Order. He brought terror to the area he lived in.
The abso also bans him from throwing or threating to throw eggs, or gathering in a group of three or more outside peoples homes. He will also have to return to court if he is found spraying graffiti or using abusive language anywhere in Middlesbrough.

In the next two weeks enforcement officers will post his picture to approx 1000 homes in that area, it will give details of his banning order and a contact phone number for anyone wanting to report a breach of his order.

This lad is aged 13 and the order will last for 5 years. after the hearing his mother said
"five years is a long time when i look at other peoples crimes in the past. Ashley is naughty, he is a 13 yr old kid. But he is not a criminal and I am willing to check my son if people come to me and tell me what he is doing".

Do you think this type of thing is a good thing? will it make people start acting in a better manner in their community ?

I personally feel this is a good way to try and turn a teenager round and get them back on the straight and narrow. He obviously has caused some big problems for his neighbourhood for them to take this action, I think people in that neighbourhood will be a lot happier to see that nuicanses like him are not being allowed to get away with it.

Comments

• Options
    Crack down on nuisances.

don't give the mods ideas becky. this place could be laid desolate by such thinking.
    listen to that lonely wind howling through a gap in the internet ...nothing but broken keyboards and tumble weed blowing ...an old nun barely visible through the swirling dust ...shouting something through cracked lips ..."what happened to the bar thread ...my god what happened to all the ants"
  • Options
    Was it the news of the World that named and shamed paedophiles? Because there was a man who was put in hopsital... simply because one of the pictures looked like him... and he was completely innocent!

As for the little bastards, yeah they should be named and shamed as I believe it will put them right. Nobody has the right to go around threatening and stealing off people, reguardless of their background. If they get banned from pubs or get shit off people who've read the report then they deserve it. It'll serve them right.

I feel strongly for this as we've had harassment by some cheeky fucks. I hope they get what theu deserve, i really do... even if it makes me sound nasty for saying so.
  • Options
    I reckon its just a shame that you cant put little shits like that in stocks in the town centre and let people throw eggs at him to see how it likes it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I reckon its just a shame that you cant put little shits like that in stocks in the town centre and let people throw eggs at him to see how it likes it.
    i actualy agree with bringing back the stocks and a little public flogging to the alarm of probobly most of you!
    three or four months ago two 19yr olds burst into an old ladies lonely life late at night ...battered her black and blue ...wrecked the place and found nothing worth nicking.
    the police caught the guys but had to let them go as they denied it ...not enough proof. but they had been boasting around the estate where they live ...the cops had endless phone calls off people from all walks of life telling them about the boasting but couldn't do anything.
    the lads have returned to the comunity now from hospital ...broken toes, smashed knuckle joints, broken arms and legs, broken ribs ...there are some big lads in the sawmills around these parts. a public flogging would have spared them such suffering.
  • Options
    yes, name and shame the ****s.