Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Rant about the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Once again, can I say how unfair it is that there is not enough information about the real stuff that confuses us about the pill.

Lets face it, women need to be educated better about how the pill actually works. The instruction leaflets can be extremely confusing.

Just look back at recent sex posts and there are numerous women having to go through hell with pregnancy scares just because they don't understand various points about the pill. To me, the instruction leaflet is confusing. Just like everyone else here, I've been given sex education/ biology lessons to GCSE levels, doesn't mean that we really understand what the hell is going on with our bodies and what the pill is doing to them.

The number of people I know who have experienced stresses with the pill, and these are intelligent, sensible people is unbelievable.

We need more information about the whole stomach upset issue, how breaks work, what happens if you miss a pill, how you can tell if your pregnant even if you're on the pill.

I would really appreciate other people's opinions.

Sorry guys, but it really does vex me.

Comments

• Options
    :yes: i agree with you totally hun!
  • Options
    I agree with you totally too, good point.
  • Options
    agree. im just about to start taking the pill and im in a total panic about it after reading the leaflet! :(
  • Options
    So, Im glad that others find this a problem as well.

But what can we do about it? I think it is just such an uneccessary problem. Talking about contraception is so commonplace now its not a taboo and it does not have connotations with immorality.

How about a sticky post?

Or is it an issue that comes with sex education at school ( which is in my experience shockingly bad)?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    sex is evil

it is.. isnt it!? :p
  • Options
    yeah it soo is..its like this is how to role a condom over your fingers.. sex is evil etc etc

we never actually got to touch the condoms in sex ed, we were shown by the teacher how to put in on over a polistyirine(sp) penis. i think that they should of at least let us try and do it for ourselves, i mean how else are we meant to know?
  • Options
    we were given a banana and a condom, then told to figure it out on our own. We then had to demonstrate to the class and our teacher gave us tips! It was sooooo bizarre! I laugh about it move but at the time i was so embarrassed
  • Options
    I always thought that people who took the pill were really skanky, so when I went on it I wouldnt tell anyone

Why? Surely they have sense?!!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    The pill was always stigmatised as something 13 year old slags went on to protect themselves against all the casual sex they were having.
    If it was able to shake that kind of image I think it would improve things, but sex education in schools is appalling. We had the polystyrene penis as well. And when I went to go the pill it was quite confusing, but my leaflet was personal to my type of pill so it told me exactly how and when to take it.

The thing I get confused abnout is if you miss one, when its safe to not use condoms again. I end up waiting about 3 weeks to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    thought, past tense.. it was just the image that I had in my head.. i suppose its the way I've been brought up..

Yes i do know what thought means! :mad:

I still can't understand how someone can think that.
  • Options
    :rolleyes: note to self.. never make an in-jest comment again..

Theres so many things i wanna say to this but, it aint worth it!
  • Options
    *wonders what I've done*

Forget it, i was just touchy as i don't like sarcasm.