Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

stds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok I would like to hear anything on std's that you lot know... what the symptoms are etc ... further more i'd like to know how they test for them and how long it is until you get your results back thanks in advance jacaranda

Comments

• Options
    std symptoms

can i ask..are you curious or have a problem....?
  • Options
    ok basically i have been penetrated without protection and my bf has had unprotected sex in the past with a female. I like to think I trust my bf but it would be even better if I actually had a doctors certificate saying he was healthy. I don't want to die and I do want children one day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    ok basically i have been penetrated without protection and my bf has had unprotected sex in the past with a female. I like to think I trust my bf but it would be even better if I actually had a doctors certificate saying he was healthy. I don't want to die and I do want children one day.

go to the local gum clinic hun....you need to be checked out..if you do get checked out it doesnt mean you dont trust him but better safe then sorry *hugs* you should be ok though:)
  • Options
    on having a look at that I have none of those symptoms I do however think it best if I do get checked out anyway although I HATE blood tests
  • Options
    but wouldnt it be worse it you had a std...and the systoms often dont show till quite late.
  • Options
    right that does it I'm going to have to go and face whatever the doctor throws at me... what do you think i should do if theres something wrong with one of us?
  • Options
    right that does it I'm going to have to go and face whatever the doctor throws at me... what do you think i should do if theres something wrong with one of us?

Just slow down a bit dont be so paranoid hun...take a deep breath your be ok...look the chances you caught something is slim and your proberlly fine..just go get checked out just incase you did get one.. as for what happens if u have got one im unsure your doc will guide you through it...

Good luck and god bless ya

pm me anytime you need to talk or add me to msn if you like...:)
  • Options
    go get checked out at the clinic. i went to the sexual health department in a hospital via my doctors so perhaps others could tell you where to go..like brooke or something.

its painless with relatively little discomfort. its quite funny actually..i had to sit on this chair really high up inline with the docs head and my feet in stirrups.. anyway..all they do is take swabs and then you can have a blood test for syphillis etc. the results either take 1 or 2 weeks..can't remember.

fortunately i got the all-clear but its better to be safe than sorry!
  • Options

Sorry i know this is serious, but the way you worded that really made me laugh. You made it sound so clinical!
  • Options
    Hey there
    We've got tons of info right here on TheSite that will help you outthe sex info section has heaps of useful features.

Why don't you and your boyfriend both go to the GUM clinic (or your GP) together - you can get tested for all the STIs at the same time and put both your minds at rest so you can enjoy having sex from then on.

This feature will let you know what to expect when you go to the clinic.

Finally, for confidential, reliable advice try either of the following:

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334

:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by spanner
    Why don't you and your boyfriend both go to the GUM clinic (or your GP) together - you can get tested for all the STIs at the same time and put both your minds at rest so you can enjoy having sex from then on.

Thats what i said...have to copy me meh :p

only messing:)