Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

To move in...or not to move in. That is the Q.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm sure some people have had to choose in this before so please help me out here! I've only been with my boyf for just over a month but my home situ isn't so hot and my step mom has said that i can move out as soon as i'm 18. I'll be 18 in January and by that time the relationship will be 5 months down the line. We do have very strong feelings dare i say love at this stage but I need to be grown up and think about travelling to work living expenses etc. His parents were the ones to acctually suggest it.

I'm asking for you people to shead some light on this situ and help me see things from a different point of veiw. I have about 3-4 months to think and then we have to decorate our "room".

Thanks everyone. :thumb:

~Anya

Comments

• Options
    its up to you, can you still see being with him on a few months? do you care about him enoigh to move in with him? its a big step, u gota thnk about how you feel first.
  • Options
    What would happen if you split up? Would you still have somewhere to go? Five months isn't very long to be moving in but if it will make you happy go for it.
  • Options
    I moved in with my boyf after only 6 months together, when I was 20, we're still together now, 2 and a half years later.

Im not saying go for it, but Im not saying dont either, just give it a <B>LOT</B> of serious consideration.

You're still young and it's a big step, the honeymoon period will quickly be over.
  • Options
    i don't think you ever really know someone til you live with them. it can make or break your relationship. but most times it will break it.

if you feel like you want to, go for it, but for god's sake make sure you have somewhere else to go if you need to.

you might think you love him now, but will you still love him when you're up to your eyeballs in his dirty pants?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i don't think you ever really know someone til you live with them. it can make or break your relationship. but most times it will break it.

if you feel like you want to, go for it, but for god's sake make sure you have somewhere else to go if you need to.

you might think you love him now, but will you still love him when you're up to your eyeballs in his dirty pants?
    All good words of advice. Don't plan too far ahead right now as you may not be together by then. But if you are, then as kaffrin said, you'll soon find out how much you really like and love each other. :)

Oh, and kaffrin, if you're up to your eyeballs in his dirty pants, then take them off of your head! :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options