Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

money or love

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Have you been in love?

No, probably as near as i'll ever be. I seem to have a real cynical view on "love" and "relationships". I think love is a really over rated emotion. I don't crave the one true soulmate hence the reason i chose money. Love would be a real wasted experience on me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carolina
    No, probably as near as i'll ever be. I seem to have a real cynical view on "love" and "relationships". I think love is a really over rated emotion. I don't crave the one true soulmate hence the reason i chose money. Love would be a real wasted experience on me.

That seems kind of tragic to me, but probably because I'm a hopeless romantic. I think being with the one you're in love with is the best feeling in the world.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Luce
    :eek: You don't know what you'd do with £1000?! I could spend that in a flash! I always have lists of things in my head I convince myself that I 'need'! Clothes always seem to be top of the list lol. I'd want to go on holiday, and escape England for 2 weeks!
    *the materialism, tut tut*
    I'd take the money for now, and then when asked again if i'm 30 and haven't met anyone, i'll take love :D

in the end i went to paris and went on a massive shopping spree :D but then i realised a few months later i sorta wasted it all on clothes and going out, i coulda bought sumat worthwhile. oh well. no regrets :)
  • Options
    Love obviously..........

I doubt anyone on here would use a million pounds to gain more happiness than having true love........
  • Options
    Erm...
    Love obviously..........

I doubt anyone on here would use a million pounds to gain more happiness than having true love........

I have to disagree matey... I would much rather be financially secure than have "True Love". I have been in love before, and sure, it's nice enough, but it ain't all that! I am pretty secure at the moment and have been single for over three years by choice now and I tell you straight, I am far happier than when I was struggling financially, even though I had a great girlfriend who I am still good friends with! Peace of mind I think covers this.

Money doesn't argue.
    Money won't run out on you.
    Money won't piss you off.
    Money won't cheat on you.

(The above comments are obviously meant to work for either sex before I get a flaming for women bashing...)

I have to say the following and this is something that I sometimes say as a joke but to me it is pretty much true!

"Money doesn't make you happy but it buys the things that does!"
  • Options
    Re: Erm...
    Originally posted by g_angel007
    I have to disagree matey... I would much rather be financially secure than have "True Love". I have been in love before, and sure, it's nice enough, but it ain't all that! I am pretty secure at the moment and have been single for over three years by choice now and I tell you straight, I am far happier than when I was struggling financially, even though I had a great girlfriend who I am still good friends with! Peace of mind I think covers this.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)
    At the end of the day knowing that i've got a roof over my head and can still have a life is the main thing to me. Even better if i've got my mates around me and can enjoy the things i love doing. I get very selfish about my time (i think it stems from being an only child) and i like my own space.

I can see your point hunnypot but at the end of the day that's the difference between being a romantic and being a realist. Neither's a bad thing, just down to the individual. I don't feel like my choice is a tragic one :)
  • Options
    The question was not a choice of financial security versus true love.

I was assuming that the vast majority of people on here are already financially secure and would most likely spend the million on luxury goods.............
  • Options
    Also money can cheat on you (or certainly you can use money follishly or others can use it to cheat you........)