Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Age gaps suck

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi!
Life should be great, (smug comments coming up) I'm in love with a girl and she's in love with me. We've been keeping up a long distance relationship for a few months and we are both really happy and comfortable with each other.

One little detail, I am 21 and she is only 16. Is this too much of a gap? And if it isn't, aside from the obvious details of going slowly and carefully, any tips for dealing with other people? People are (obviously) accusing me of being a cradle snatcher, but I know that my attraction to her has nothing to do with her age (that would probably be creepy)

What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    yeah my bf is 19 and im 15 only 4yrz but his mates ppl he knows call im a cradle snatcher and shit like that! just ave to ignore em, and with time they shut up. My ex bf was 19 wen i was 14, now hardly told many ppl but like i said people shut up after a while. some people are evn like wow! good on ya! n all that.
  • Options
    Age is only a number, although you don't want to take the piss like, 4/5 years younger is fine as long as your not 15 and going out with a 10 year old.
  • Options
    Re: Age gaps suck
    Originally posted by dr_smith
    Hi!
    Life should be great, (smug comments coming up) I'm in love with a girl and she's in love with me. We've been keeping up a long distance relationship for a few months and we are both really happy and comfortable with each other.

One little detail, I am 21 and she is only 16. Is this too much of a gap? And if it isn't, aside from the obvious details of going slowly and carefully, any tips for dealing with other people? People are (obviously) accusing me of being a cradle snatcher, but I know that my attraction to her has nothing to do with her age (that would probably be creepy)

What should I do?

My mum and dad have a 7 year age gap. Whoop dee doo.

Get on with it and enjoy each others company and have fun. If anyone calls you a cradle snatcher say "And what a pretty little cradle she came from". Laugh it off.
  • Options
    Everyone accuses me of robbing the cradle, however, I think that it is just her robbing the grave :p
  • Options
    My boyfriend is 7 years older than I am, it hasnt caused us any problems, we joke about it ourselves, as long as youre both happy then it shouldnt matter what anyone else thinks.
  • Options
    When i was 16 my boyf was 30 and we were together a good few years. I wasnt your average 16 year old though, so I never go on age, I go on the person. We got stick of other people for it but it never ever once bothered us. Why should someones opinion, which I dont agree with, effect me?! Its crazy to even think it :p
    Just be happy and dont worry :p