Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What would you do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive just discovered a man who drives home most nights drunk. Sometimes he has had a couple sometimes far more than a couple. Its terrible whats he's doing but it is late at night. I know the latter doesnt excuse the fact of what hes doing. I dont like this bloke and I hate him even more now but ive never had to deal with something like this before. What do I do? What would you do? What if he killed himself? What if he killed someone else? I keep thinking about it and I dont know what id do if I found out something bad had happend.................... Ive lost a whole small section of my family to a motoring accident and I couldnt live with the guilt if I knew I had put someone through this.

on a lighter note I may get £500 quid for it!

Comments

• Options
    Well i dont know the fucker so I'll dob him in and we'll split the money, that way he wont try and get u back.
  • Options
    Why don't you talk to him about it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by RonHaze
    Well i dont know the fucker so I'll dob him in and we'll split the money, that way he wont try and get u back.
    you would recognise him maybe and dont try and cash in on my ideas :p

off the topic: why hasnt me mum phone me
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    Why don't you talk to him about it?
    never thought of that. I bet he wouldnt listen but you never know. I might try and bring the subject up.
  • Options
    but personally i'd never dob in anyone for drink driving unless they are absolutely steaming and don't listen to ppl telling em not to drive.

half way thru typing this i realized i do it sometimes, gonna post it anyway tho.

Look at me I'm a hypocrit :D
  • Options
    It's his problem, talk to him, don't rat on him though.

On second thoughts if your getting £500 for it and keeping a drunk driver off the roads then go ahead and rat on him.
  • Options
    I think you should try. Give him a chance to change his ways, before you tell the police. If he realises that people know what he is doing there is a good chance he will change. Some people just don't think, and think they are ok to drive.
  • Options
    OK we are talking a grown man not a child who knows its wrong to drink and drive so dont talk to him about it, report him. He cannot be that stupid that he does not realise its illegal to drink and drive, get him caught before he does kill someone.
    If he wants to be the man who goes out assuming he is not going to get caught then he deserves everything he gets.
  • Options
    grass him up.
  • Options
    if someone is "as stupid" as to repeatedly drink and drive, then I don't suppose that talking will do any good

are they are in control because they drink loads? :rolleyes:

now you know about it is your duty to stop it happen, otherwise if something happens you may well end feeling and being partly responsible.