Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How white are your teeth and do you care??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Was just talking to someone about this crazy guy I used to work with that used to brush his teeth at work after lunch BUT the guy used to scrub so hard he wore away the tooth enamel on his teeth and you could see these patching marks on his teeth!!

Also used to work with the most stunning girl BUT she was a heavy smoker and had the worst yellow teeth ever!!!

1) So are your teeth brown, yellow, ivory or shiny white??

2) So how much do you care about the colour of your teeth and what products do you use to deal with it??

As for me ... Mine I think are naturally ivory but I can make them whiter then white if I use my special Arm & Hammer toothpaste which I got from the USA!!!.. takes about 2 to 3 days to reach full effect .. Only problem is they then glow in the dark under florescent light!!! .. And I don't think it can be very good for you so don't use it everyday!!!

0618_1_3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Re: How white are your teeth and do you care??
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

1) So are your teeth brown, yellow, ivory or shiny white??

2) So how much do you care about the colour of your teeth and what products do you use to deal with it??

1) Yellow-ish
    2) Im really getting paranoid about my teeth. I want white teeth so Ive started brushing loads.
    I use Beverly Hills *Whitening* Formula
  • Options
    mine are off white and i hate them :( im thinking about having treatment. my friend had it where she had to go every 3 months for a year and now she has pearly whiters :D
  • Options
    They're not pearly, but they aren't gross either. I shall get veneer's one day though ;) I want soap-opera teeth :D
  • Options
    i hate my teeth :( they are straight but i dont like the colour, they arent yellow but they arent white
  • Options
    mine are yellow, stained with nicotine and resin :crying:

how much does this treatment cost? and also will it turn out like ross in friends?
  • Options
    Originally posted by RonHaze

how much does this treatment cost? and also will it turn out like ross in friends?
    It was Laure, shes coming over on the 21st. Think its was between 3 and 500 notes
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    nobody has perfectly white teeth naturally.
    yeah they do :yes:
    my mums ex has amazing white teeth and all he does is brush

well toothpaste isnt natural so you may be right
  • Options
    Originally posted by RonHaze

:lol:
    I remember that episode.

My teeth are quite white although, my cousin, who is a dental nurse told me really white teeth are weaker and are can damage easier :(
  • Options
    I have one or two crooked teeth, but you cant tell really. The colour of them isn't exactly white tho :( errr kinda white with a tinge of yellow..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miss Elmo

My teeth are quite white although, my cousin, who is a dental nurse told me really white teeth are weaker and are can damage easier :(

i was told that too.

i have creamy coloured teeth :) and i don't really want whiter teeth, i think it looks unnatural.
  • Options
    My sister always tells me I have such white teeth. But I get really conscious(SP?) of them.

I used whitening toothpaste in the morning and smokers tooth paste of an evening, even though I dont smoke. :/ I went though a stage where I would brush my teeth like 7 times a day. But that stopped because I got told you can brush something off them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    But that stopped because I got told you can brush something off them.

enamel
  • Options
    7 times a day? blimey

Yeah, I made a thread about it. :blush:Hmm.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Hmm.

Check out the text talk, Man. :o
  • Options
    OK Boys and Girls .. Doctor Diamond is in the house!!!

First of all any toothpaste in the Uk that says "doesn not contain any harsh abrasives" does contain abrasives it's just the company that sells them don't consider them harsh!!!

I've tried them all, Beverly Hills Formula, Colgate Whitening, etc they are all crap and for one very good reason ... if they actually worked well they wouldn't sell many.

The best whitening toothpaste you can buy is Arm and Hammer's Peroxi-care

200.jpg

Only place I've seen it on sale is in the USA (might be available in Canada) but you can buy it on the web too. I paid maybe $4 a tube for it, got 3 tubes over 2 years ago and still got 1.5 tubes left cos I don't use it every day (and I have even more left if my sister didn't steal it) . don't think it would be good to use it everyday.. but you see instant improvement with just the first brushing and white teeth possible in about 2 to 4 days!!

You should be brushing your teeth with a soft to medium brush without much force otherwise you wear down your tooth enamel (and you can see patches on your teeth if this has occurred) and in my case I can feel the difference as I become sensitive to hot and cold drinks when I use a hard toothbrush .. best overall brush I've found is Sensodyne Toothbrush!!

So if you're thinking about spending a few hundred quid whitening your teeth - I'd try this first!!! Just don't over do it cos that just looks silly.

Oh and as for whiter teeth being weaker then yellow teeth sort backward explaination ... the true story is that years ago in texas they found all the people inthe town had yellow teeth but hardly any cavities ... further investigation found that the town's drinking water contained loads of flouride, it was then they discovered flouride does two things .. large amounts turns your teeth yellow, and small amounts doesn't as much but certainly help fight cavities and makes teeth stronger ... also large amounts of flouride makes teeth all manky .. My mother grew up in Kenya where there's way too much flouride inthe water, her teeth are therefore all malformed and brown ... same thing can happen if you allow you kids to swallow toothpaste, they ingest too much flouride.

So that is you lesson for the day. :D
  • Options
    My teeth are yellow. I wish I could describe them as off white or ivory. I think it's a case of not looking after them as well as I should've during my twenties (too much chocolate and sweets didn't help), and drinking too much coffee (which I still do).

I love the sound of that toothpaste DG. I was reading on a couple of websites on making your own toothpaste using baking powder with a few drops of hydrogen peroxide - which is what that PeroxiCare must have in it. I'll have to do a search for it in the UK as it sounds good!

I use a smokers toothpaste, followed by Pearl Drops, to try to lighten them up a bit. Both contain something called Sodium Florophosphate (or something similar sounding), and that is going to be some sort of salts that contain something that's flourescent, so it will make your teeth glow under UV lighting. :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    What does smokers toothpaste have that normal paste hasn't got?

More whitening stuff? If it works for smokers, why don't non-smokers use it? :confused: hmm

Think it's got something in that tries to combat nicotine stains.
  • Options
    *slaps head* that'd make sense.

I think it should have a secret anti-smoking ingredient. Slowly turn the smokers off of their fags, hehe. Imagine the horror of a smoker who enjoys smoking waking up one morning after clenaing his / her teeth at night to find they no longer want that ever so satisfying morning ciggie :)
    It wouldnt be horror dear :no:
  • Options
    my teeth are white but not soap opera white (altho that would be nice) all i use is toothpaste with bicarbinate of soda in worls for me, and i have stoppped drinkin tea/coffee.
  • Options
    I neglected my teeth for about 5 years & paid the price.

On the bottom on the left I have no molars only pre-molars but all the rest are there onwards to the other side of my mouth & the top is the same but the opposite way round.

But I take care of me teeth now because I have paid the price for thinking that they don't need to be looked after.

As for the colour the colour code is b1 if that helps because I had a false bit put in where one of the teeth had decayed.

But as for brushing my beauties I just do it so they don't fall apart like they did before otherwise if I continued this downwards spiral then I'll have to have dentures before my 30's.

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Mine are yellowy, and I dont really mind.

I used to have to take this horrible dark brown medicine stuff when i was younger, and thats what did it, i used to have really white teeth. I use aquafresh i think :|