Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Personal Injury Lawyers rasing Money For YOUR Football Club!

Im not going to advertise the company in question, but heres some promotional literature:
If you (or friends or family) have suffered an accident, XXXXX will assess your case free of charge. If it is likely to succeed a XXXXX solicitor will claim compensation on your behalf on a “No Win-No Fee” basis. When we accept your claim we will make a donation of £100 to the club of your choice. When the claim is settled you will receive 100% of the compensation due to you and XXXXX will make a further donation of £100 to your chosen club. By making your claim through XXXXX you will have raised much needed funds for your club AND at the same time recovered maximum compensation for yourself.
Barely a day goes by without another club being linked with financial difficulties and administration. With the collapse of ITV Digital many clubs have been left badly exposed and even in the premiership most football clubs would welcome a cash injection. The funds you raise by pursuing your claim through XXXXX will be put to good effect. And you will have a say in how the money is used. You may for instance wish to see it benefit the youth policy at your club. Alternatively you may want it to be used to improve ground facilities. Some clubs already have supporters trusts up and running who would greatly appreciate a cash boost.

I find this extremely distasteful, but I cant quite put my finger on it. Probably because it turns suing someone into nothing more than going off to Tescos to buy your lunch. Its ridiculous, trivialising and banal.

Should be banned IMHO.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.