Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

working abroad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hey,
i have put this in work/volunteering forum too because im not sure which one it should go in.

Basically I'm studying french at uni and as part of my course i am living in france for a year next september.

i want to work so i am wondering if anyone else has worked in another country for a year/term in paticular as part of their course. if so, what did you do/how did you find it/any advice etc?

cheers :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I did work experience in France (it was only for a week though!) as part of my A-level course. Was a bit scary as only two of us were doing it from my school and we were put in different placements. :(

Had a good time, but I wasn't staying with a family so I guess that made it easier in terms of having my own space.

I worked in 'Bibliotheque Pour Tous' near Rouen which meant I had plenty of opportunities to shop when I wasn't working :) Learnt an unbelievable amount of new French, even though I spoke very little out there.