Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i completely screwed up!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys, been a while since ive posted on here, lol, been really really really busy. This is going to be one of my famous long posts so please bare with me :)

Recently, ive had a few problems with my girlfriend (well, ex-girlfriend). We broke up towards the end of August because i admittedly kissed one of my friends. My friend (girl) kissed me and i didn't stop her :( .

I told my gf as soon as it happened, and understandably she was very upset. We didn't exactly break up straight away, we stayed together for a few more days so i could give her the support she needed to cope with her job. We stayed friends... and more recently a little more than good friends :blush:.

Last night, we had a very big argument. It was mostly (99.9%) my fault... i was too tired and i wasn't really paying attention and started to dig myself a hole (it got very big, very quickly). She was saying things like i havn't given her enough support and that she obviously expects too much from her friends. Which, im sorry, is a complete lie. I have given her as much support as i possibly can... the number of times i have changed my plans so i can keep her company and stuff like that.... the hours (and money) i've spent on the phone to her etc.

I know that alot of it was my fault and to be honest, i should have put the phone down on her and left it to the morning when i was feeling better. But she really hurt me with some of those comments.

I tried to patch things up with her this morning but ive been told that she doesn't want to know me and that she thought i was the one person that would understand her, but obviously she was wrong and she should never have trusted me.

I know that i have screwed up big time, i have completely ruined things with her. And what kills the most is... i love her... i really love her :(

Sorry about this, just needed to ramble.

Comments

• Options
    can u send her a text sayin that you really love her and you're really sorry?
  • Options
    She sounds like shes blaming you an awful lot when it cant all be your fault. Give her time and space but let her know how you feel. If shes got any sense, shell come round.
  • Options
    She won't listen to what i have to say, i have tried but she can really be a suborn bitch. i got a txt message from her this morning telling me to leave her alone and keep well away from her.
  • Options
    hmm yeah time and space. after she's stopped being so angry and upset then she'll start to really miss you.
  • Options
    i think thats all i can hope for!
  • Options
    sorry about this guys but i want to say this incase she ever reads this topic.

You are really special to me. Your friendship is one of the most important things in my life. You have always been there for me and you are the only one who understands me. Im sorry for what i said, please forgive me. I don't want to loose our friendship. Im sorry.

Sorry guys!
  • Options
    Originally posted by dai fychan
    i think thats all i can hope for!

My boyfriend and I broke up over summer. We really needed the time apart to re-evaluate and work out how we feel about eachother. Now we're back together and our relationship is stronger than ever because we know what it's like to be apart, and we know what caused the breakup in the first place and have worked these issues out.

Sometimes it works out when you just take a step back and sort yourselves and your feelings out.

Fingers crossed for ya :)