Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help! Ouch!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Owwwwwch.

This morning i got stung by a bee on the bottom of my foot (damn long grass and no shoes!)
I panicked cos it hurt so much and stupidly pulled it out instead of scraping it off, thus squeezed more poison in.....
and now my entire foor is red and swollen...... like, puffy to the point it feels like its going to burst! its so sore i cant walk on it.

I have taken antihistamines and put cortisone cream on it...... is there anything else i can do to make it go down? I have work in 12 hours and i cant walk!! argh!
Help!

Comments

• Options
    theres nowt else you can really do apart from resting it, im sure if you keep aplying the cream and resting it, the swelling will go down. sorry i cant be any more helpful.
  • Options
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    theres nowt else you can really do apart from resting it, im sure if you keep aplying the cream and resting it, the swelling will go down. sorry i cant be any more helpful.

:yes: If you leave it it will go down eventually, and I'm sure if you ring your work and tell them you can't walk they will understand??
  • Options
    Poor you:( ,

Hope the swellings gone down - if not try giving NHS direct a call or visiting their website....

NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47

Love Lu x