Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

forgetful

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi im on the pill but im quite forgetful when taking it. anyway on monday night i forgot to take the pill and ended up taking it tuesday morning and i did the same thing last night. i forgot to take it and just took it now. does that mean it wont work? i know it might be a bit of a stupid question but i dont know the answer so i hoped someone could help me, thankz :)

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    if you've taken your pill less than twelve hours late you should be fine. if you're worried use a condom anyway for 7 days or so. but you should be ok. if you're really forgetful, maybe think about going on the patch, or the injection instead?
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    if you've taken your pill less than twelve hours late you should be fine. if you're worried use a condom anyway for 7 days or so. but you should be ok. if you're really forgetful, maybe think about going on the patch, or the injection instead?

i want to but my doctor advises me not to have the injection. on monday i took it within in 12 hours but today i didnt, does that mean it isnt going to work.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by vodka babe
    i want to but my doctor advises me not to have the injection. on monday i took it within in 12 hours but today i didnt, does that mean it isnt going to work.

i have the same problem. my memory's awful. i've taken to using condoms all the time, as well as the pill, cause i can never remember to take it properly.

the injection might not suit you cause it's very different to the combined pill, but i'm pretty sure the new patches are similar to it. might be worth seeing your doctor and asking about them...

there are also other types of contraception you can use, like the implant.

i would get an appointment with your doctor, or at a family planning clinic, and go through all the different types til you can find something that suits you.
  • Options
    i wouldnt have the implant. when i first started taking it i remembered all the time, its just recenly ive started to forget because im so busy. :)
  • Options
    Call the following helplines for some comprehenmsive advice about the pill:

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    can u still get the implant? i thought they took it off the market? I want one :crying:

why do you want it?