Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

You are beautiful.

I open a magazine at a random page, and do you know what I see? I see a girl. She's looking straight into the camera and smiling, showing the world a perfect set of pearly white teeth. Her hair seems to just naturally fall into place without looking untidy, even though the wind is blowing it. She's modelling the latest fashions, but she's the kind of person who could put anything on and it would look great. Her make up is perfect, as though she re-applies it every five minutes to make sure it isn't smudged. She's tall, she's pretty, she's sexy.
Women today are given the impression they have to be amazingly beautiful to get anywhere in life. I doubt there is any woman in this world who is truly happy with her image. There is always something there telling people they're not quite good enough. There's so many products around promising to make people beautiful, sexy, and irresistable to the opposite sex, but how many people feel happier while they are using them? How many people actually notice a difference from using them? Not many, I'm sure.
The media depresses many people. They forever show "perfect" women, who look exactly like what most other women dream of looking like. But have you noticed, in reality, how many women actually do look like that? Very few. But still, it hurts people.
More and more people are getting cosmetic surgery because they don't feel beautiful enough. Eating disorders such as anorexia are becoming more common because they are made to believe they have to be thin to be sexy. It is taking over and ruining people's lives. And I think this is wrong.
Doesn't anyone realise that everyone is beautiful? True beauty comes from the inside. No-one can choose what they look like. And if you aren't happy with the way you look now, then no matter how you change yourself, you probably won't ever be happy with it. You're just going to hurt yourself more. Instead of focusing on the parts of your body you don't like, you should find things you do like. Be nice to yourself. Would you tell your best friend they were unattractive? No. So don't say it to yourself. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. Every last one of you...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: You are beautiful.
    Originally posted by xNivanaMoonx
    I doubt there is any woman in this world who is truly happy with her image.

:no: probably not nice speech btw :)
  • Options
    I open a magazine at a random page, and do you know what I see? I see a girl. She's looking straight into the camera and smiling, showing the world a perfect set of pearly white teeth. Her hair seems to just naturally fall into place without looking untidy, even though the wind is blowing it. She's modelling the latest fashions, but she's the kind of person who could put anything on and it would look great. Her make up is perfect, as though she re-applies it every five minutes to make sure it isn't smudged. She's tall, she's pretty, she's sexy.
    Women today are given the impression they have to be amazingly beautiful to get anywhere in life. I doubt there is any woman in this world who is truly happy with her image. There is always something there telling people they're not quite good enough. There's so many products around promising to make people beautiful, sexy, and irresistable to the opposite sex, but how many people feel happier while they are using them? How many people actually notice a difference from using them? Not many, I'm sure.
    The media depresses many people. They forever show "perfect" women, who look exactly like what most other women dream of looking like. But have you noticed, in reality, how many women actually do look like that? Very few. But still, it hurts people.
    More and more people are getting cosmetic surgery because they don't feel beautiful enough. Eating disorders such as anorexia are becoming more common because they are made to believe they have to be thin to be sexy. It is taking over and ruining people's lives. And I think this is wrong.
    Doesn't anyone realise that everyone is beautiful? True beauty comes from the inside. No-one can choose what they look like. And if you aren't happy with the way you look now, then no matter how you change yourself, you probably won't ever be happy with it. You're just going to hurt yourself more. Instead of focusing on the parts of your body you don't like, you should find things you do like. Be nice to yourself. Would you tell your best friend they were unattractive? No. So don't say it to yourself. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. Every last one of you...

how nice. i like you :)
  • Options
    im happy with my image:)
  • Options
    what about men? heh, god, so sexist.
    lol, being a woman, I wouldn't know how men feel about the whole situation. Maybe someone could tell me? Then I'd be happy to include guys :yes:
  • Options

Women today are given the impression they have to be amazingly beautiful to get anywhere in life.

I agree with the sentiment of everything that you have written, I really do.

However, I don't agree with this sentence in the slightest.

You contradict yourself by saying everyone is beautiful but then saying only beutiful people can get somewhere. If everyone is beautiful (as you say) then surely everyone has the opportunity to get somewhere in life?

I also think that I will get anywhere I want in life and I am in no way traditionally beautiful.
  • Options
    She said women are given the impression, not that it actually is like that :)
  • Options
    Heh, I am learning about this in Sociology at the moment *nods* yes.

I like you. You are not an idiot. You can spell and use grammar. You do not act like the majority of people your age (that come here anyway).

Yes. Please stay :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Heh, I am learning about this in Sociology at the moment *nods* yes.

I like you. You are not an idiot. You can spell and use grammar. You do not act like the majority of people your age (that come here anyway).

Thankyou :)
    love and hugs, xXx kwiss xXx
  • Options
    Re: Re: You are beautiful.
    Originally posted by xxauroraxx

However, I don't agree with this sentence in the slightest.

You contradict yourself by saying everyone is beautiful but then saying only beutiful people can get somewhere. If everyone is beautiful (as you say) then surely everyone has the opportunity to get somewhere in life?

What I meant was, the media's idea of beautiful, if that makes sense? Sorry for the confusion :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: You are beautiful.
    What I meant was, the media's idea of beautiful, if that makes sense? Sorry for the confusion :)
    Ok, forgiven :p

Anywho, I think what you said was very inspirational :)
  • Options
    Actually, you know what... you're wrong about one thing. If I get a new product, or new clothes, especially if they're expensive, I do feel happier etc. I feel like I've treated myself, and I look better (hopefully!). Like my straighteners, or when I get new mascara. I mean, obviously I don't look like the models, lol... but yeah, it does make me feel better.

But yeah... nice speech generally :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura

You are not an idiot. You can spell and use grammar. You do not act like the majority of people your age (that come here anyway).

Agreed!
    Thoughtful post :thumb:
  • Options
    :yes:

....easier said than done though, hey..:rolleyes:
  • Options
    That sounds really similar to the introduction of my Sociology coursework. :thumb:
  • Options
    what're you doing it on?

we got to choose what we did ours on, I did mine on the factors that affect educational attainment between girls and boys :)