Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mental health problems and studies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, I've been in and out of therapy for years and now I've been asked to go back... To 'moniter my mood' or whatever...

Anyway, they're saying they suspect manic depression, although I never thought I was that bad. I get very hyper and in to this fantastic state of euphoria when I'm high (screw drugs, it's real mand!) and when I'm low (I'm sluggish today) my mind distorts back in to depression and I just become tired and whatnot...

The problem is I'm off to university soon and I don't know how it will affect my studies. I don't think I can get accomodation on campus as I'm not physically disabled and I only live a fourteen miles away. But I also have problems learning and time keeping and I'd find travelling extremely stressful every day and it would end up ruining my studies.

It's really annoying as I had hoped to move further away for my studies, but I doubt I can. Would I be able to get accomodation and extra help in uni? I'm asking out to anybody who's been there.

Comments