Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Benefits.....your view

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    small companies have to some times, with all their overheads some like my hubby have to. But then again working long hours for less than the employees I can understand why they do the odd fiddle job.
    small and large families have to some time ...becuase the opportunity is there to do so ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    small and large families have to some time ...becuase the opportunity is there to do so ...

While they are claiming benefit ? I dont claim benefits apart from child benefit. If I was on benefit I would not fiddle them, my luck id get caught lol

Im talking new, small companies who sometimes are not making enough a week to cover all the outgoings, thats why some new companies go bust in the early years because they dont start making profit till some time later and they find they cant keep their head above water, at least they are trying to make a livingand are not signing on.
  • Options
    While they are claiming benefit ?
    at least they are trying to make a livingand are not signing on.
    but for some people signing on is there way of making a living. bit of work on the side as well.
    at the end of the day they all have their different reasons for being dishonest.
  • Options
    at the end of the day they all have their different reasons for being dishonest.

Yes, some are just greedy, lazy, Barstewards.
    There again there are others who have very little benefit and have to do the odd bit of fiddle to make ends meet. Depends on which scale of poverty we are looking at.
    As Ive said many times the whole benefit system needs to be adressed, those who are in desperate need IE pensioners, disabled etc are the ones who dont get the help they need. Joe Bloggs the fella been out of work all his life can afford to go to the pub, go to the bookies, smoke 40 fags a day so is that right ? Thats the kind of benefit people I disagree with.
  • Options
    Yes, some are just greedy, lazy, Barstewards.
    There again there are others who have very little benefit and have to do the odd bit of fiddle to make ends meet. Depends on which scale of poverty we are looking at.
    As Ive said many times the whole benefit system needs to be adressed, those who are in desperate need IE pensioners, disabled etc are the ones who dont get the help they need. Joe Bloggs the fella been out of work all his life can afford to go to the pub, go to the bookies, smoke 40 fags a day so is that right ? Thats the kind of benefit people I disagree with.
    i know what your saying chuck but i have a far bigger problem with the very well off fiddling the tax system. the ammount of bums fiddling a few quid is actualy miniscule compared to those with flash cars and swimming pools who are robbing you.
    i just dont have a problem with someone who wants to fill his life with booze and fags at the expense of the state. in fact it's probably the first time in history that low lifes have had a chance to scam the sherrif of nottingham!
  • Options
    i know what your saying chuck

Im glad you do because im having probles explaining exactly what I mean :D