Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

sainsburys being bad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was just wondering if anyone thinks im justified being extreamly angry with sainsburys. First of all i work in the coffee shop in a large sainsburys store and i have been for nearly a year, just over a month ago when i was working late one nite with one other member of staff we were robbed by two blokes. they took £700.
In the following weeks after no one came to see us or asked us if it had affected us etc which i thought was bad, also before it happened we had never been shown where any panick buttons were or what to do if some thing like this happened. when the police tested the panick button it took them 25 HOURS to realise it had been pressed! :mad:
And then.......about 6 weeks later i was left running the coffee shop on my own from 5:30pm untill 9:00pm,( meaning i had to do the till, cooking, washing up, clearing) a manager knew i was on my own, no one checked on me or offered help, so if i had injured myself in the kitchen or slipped over no one would have known.

When i confronted other managers about it they basically said it was my fault and that i should have told someone. surely they are not allowed to do this? but i dont know where i stand, am i wrong to be angry? being robbed has left me quite jumpy which is made even worse by the fact that there are no cameras or security in the coffee shop and they have made no real changes so it could easily happen again.:( anyones views on this would be greatly apriciated.

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't sound too good my dear

Have you made an official complaint? It may be worth ringing the helpline below to establish your rights or contacting your local CAB
    Find your CAB
    Citizens Advice - advice guide

WERAS Wages and Employment Rights Advice Service Helpline
    Telephone service for low paid workers, their advisers, employers etc. Offers information and advice on pay, employment rights, and benefits.
    Helpline: 0800 220823

Susie :)
  • Options
    They should have came to see how you were doing. They should have showed you the precedures and ther4e should be cameras. It's terrible about the panic button too, you would think that the minute it is pressed the whole place would know about it.

You should have told someone earlier though about the situation, or were you too busy? From the sounds of it you were rushed off your feet.

You should do what Susie says though.

Good Luck :thumb: