Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

looking older

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
clothes and make up wise, what can i do to look older?

thanx xx

Comments

• Options
    anyone?

ive got for black round my eyes and a quiff in my hair but im stuck now!
  • Options
    I always find that the more natural look makes people look older. Such as a brown eyeliner and a eyeshadow that matches your clothes, but still isn't an outstanding color. I don't really know much about hair, but clothes can play a part too. It all depends on how old of a look you are going for. Though really, all is told in your face and presence, and sometimes you can't change how old you look. Some people will just always look young.
  • Options
    I wanna know this too! I'm 23 and still get ID'd every time I go out :yeees:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    I wanna know this too! I'm 23 and still get ID'd every time I go out :yeees:

thats not fair, i'm only 18 and i never get carded :( the same people card my friends, but not me... i want to look younger
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    a quiff in my hair
    *gags* :yuck: For some reason, round here, it's the younger girls who do their hair like that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    *gags* :yuck: For some reason, round here, it's the younger girls who do their hair like that.

what is it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    *gags* :yuck:

*joins the gagging*
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    *joins the gagging*

yes, yes, more gagging here.
  • Options
    Black rings around your eyes and a quiff just make you look like a girls aloud wannabe. I think the black around the eyes is the biggest mistake most people make. It should be subtle. On most it does NOT look sultry and sexy, just makes them look pig-eyed. And for god sake people, BLEND.

I agree with 'natural' looking older. Classic. Fads and trends will make you look young. And if you're 15/16 and naturally look young then I think you should work with that, rather than trying too hard to look older which tends to look tarty and/or 'Daaaaaaah-n the offy fer sum cider innit'-esque
  • Options
    Why do you wanna look older ?

If its to get into a pub or something like that then its not just the way you look its more how confident you are as well. Like if there are a few of you going out dont all be giggling if you know what I mean. Be confident when you go to the bar and if there is a doorman when you actually go into the bar pretend your a regular there say "hiya, you alright, busy in here innit" just stuff like that, they think your a regular and let you go through, unless of course you really do look young.

I didnt check your profile I hope your not 14 or sommat :eek2:
  • Options
    what is a quiff???
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    what is a quiff???

Think the Fonz from Happy Days.
    But not cool.
  • Options
    well i thought i looked ok
  • Options
    I don't even bother attempting to get in clubs/pubs cause I know I don't look 18 when I nearly really am. I'll just wait till i'm 18 then i'll have me drivers license & I can go read it & weep mr doorman.

When I went to watch jeepers creepers 2 with my sis the ticket collecting bloke asked us how old we were & we said i'm 17 & my sis is 22. The film was a 15 for christ's sake :mad:

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    Think the Fonz from Happy Days.
    But not cool.

Picture?? Cuz what I'm picturing is... hopefully not what it really is :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy

When I went to watch jeepers creepers 2 with my sis the ticket collecting bloke asked us how old we were & we said i'm 17 & my sis is 22. The film was a 15 for christ's sake :mad:

well im 17, and i got asked the other day how old i was when i brought tickets to see a 12 :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Well, lots of tales of woe here, but no really good advice. I too, would like to look older. Well, not older, I would dearly love to look my age!
  • Options
    personally i think girls who have quiff's in their hair when they have ponytails look really smart, its a little different and it works, id soooooo do it if i could, but my hairs to fucking fine!!!

and chelle, try getting a fake id card!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    personally i think girls who have quiff's in their hair when they have ponytails look really smart, its a little different and it works

thats what i thought. i had my hair half up and i think it looked nice. they look cool as long as they arent HUGE cos then they just look stupid
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    personally i think girls who have quiff's in their hair when they have ponytails look really smart, its a little different and it works, id soooooo do it if i could, but my hairs to fucking fine!!!

a little different to every other teenage girl around?

:chin:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    a little different to every other teenage girl around?

:chin:

:p while i was out i didnt see anyone else with their hair like mine, they all had it down and straightened
  • Options
    The only time I get ID'd is when I'm wearing trousers, so now I always go out in miniskirt and platform knee highs.
    Also, it's about attitude.
    If you act old, you feel old, thus coming across as a mature lady, you won't be ID'd. I just bound into a club/bar with a kinda stuck up/bitch attitude! (Hasn't failed me yet!!!)
    Yeh, what people said about make-up is also a gooden.. too much make-up/eyeliner shows immaturity, so try and go for a natural look depending on your hair and skin tone.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Less is more. Less is more. Less is more.
  • Options
    thanx guys i'll remember all that when i next go out :)
  • Options
    I think the main point isn't that she wants to look older, but wants to look her age, am I right?
  • Options
    Originally posted by xxauroraxx
    I think the main point isn't that she wants to look older, but wants to look her age, am I right?

yeah! id love to be able to look 17! but i dont, at best i look about 15
  • Options
    Hey I am not a teenager anymore and I get mistaken for a 16 year old. This might cheer you up a bit and make you realise you're not alone... I was out for a meal the other day with boyfriend and his family. He struck up a conversation with the waitress and after about 15 minutes she asked "Awww, is that you little sister?"

I am actually older than the waitress! So, you aren't alone in looking young. Just think that when we're 40 and look so much younger, people will be jealous. I know for now though that I have to put up with how young I look! :(
  • Options

Your lucky when I was 17 I got took for about 12 :eek2:

It does has its advantages but at this moment you wont see that. When your 30 and get took for 25 then you will be glad that you never looked older :)
  • Options

I was 23 on Saturday and got asked for ID! :rolleyes: I've given up trying to look older!
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    Picture?? Cuz what I'm picturing is... hopefully not what it really is :p

Think John Travolta in Grease :)King of Quiffs