Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Simpsons...the dream is over...its dead to me.

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Right, I'm done with the new Simpsons, I couldnt even watch the new on on Sunday all the way through.

Its Rubbish! Its just not funny any more, I've tried, I've given it a chance I really have, I've tried to enjoy their surealist phase, but its just crap now.

It was so good, some episodes were pure genius, like the one where bart has ADD, but really, a line has to be drawn and drawn it has been.

Its finished as far as I'm concerned.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The simpsons used to be a great programme - full of funny moments but also with clever social commentary too. Now it's just a cartoon.
  • Options
    Yeh I agree the episodes of the Simpsons from the mid 90s were classics but the first few years and the last couple of years have been absolutely abysmal!

Without trying to turn this into a "best cartoon thread" I think Family Guy has overtaken the Simpsons as the best.
  • Options
    the simpsons used to be great but now the new episodes are just not funny, plain and simple, not fucking funny, they might have their moments.
  • Options
    Well Family Guy might have been but its cancelled isnt it, same as Futurama.

Personaly I want Rex the Runt to come back, did any of you watch that?
  • Options
    Anyone seen Zim the Invader on ITV, quite good for a new cartoon (which are mainly wank)
  • Options
    Check out new cartoon soon to hit our screens

http://www.happytreefriends.com/watch_episodes/

:)
  • Options
    I heard about that, it sounds good, but is it actualy funny?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

jam:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

I loved Rex the Runt.

also, Family Guy, Futurama and God, the devil and Bob.

BTW, Creature comforts is making a comeback tonight on ITV, might be worth watching.
  • Options
    I watched the first Creature Comforts today, was a bit disappointed - I think it's been over-hyped.

Family Guy had flashes of brilliance, but many of the jokes didn't work at all. I'm still a big fan though.
  • Options
    In a different note, did any of you watch the Adam and Joe show on Channel 4 when it used to on? It was so good.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    Anyone seen Zim the Invader on ITV, quite good for a new cartoon (which are mainly wank)
    invader zim isnt a very new cartoon tbh, nickelodeon have been showing it for a while and its been on in the states for yonks, its a cool antisocial cartoon i believe by a guy called jhonen vasquez who also came up with such greats as johnny the homicidal maniac:D

zim has head pigeons!
  • Options
    The Simpsons should have finished about 1997 I think. It was still really good then, and it could have gone out with a bang, with everyone remembering it at it's best. The Halloween Specials used to be fantastic but now they're awful. It is such a shame.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    Can anyone remember a programme callled stressed eric... it was on the beeb 2.. only had something daft like 6-ish episodes.. but.. anyone?

oh yes :) didnt have something on the top of his head that kept bursting?
  • Options
    I used to love Simpsons I remember comin home from school asking me dad what the hell it was and I made the family sit and watch an episode for our first time back when I was in year 5. I've left school 3 years ago now and YUUUUCK!!!

Futurama's animation was amazin fer Groeing, shame it got cancelled so quick. Bender gave me jokes, especially when somebody deleted his 'In-your-face interface'! LoL!!

i liked Family Guy but didn't watch it that much. My fave was Duey, 'The brocolli...must DIE!'

I might start a topic in a minute askin people for thier fave modern cartoon lines...
  • Options
    The Simpsons has good moments, I liked the one with Dolly Parton with a jet pack, that was really weird...
    Invader Zim is fantastic, 'I miss the Muffin'...
    I like Randomn cartoons
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    invader zim isnt a very new cartoon tbh, nickelodeon have been showing it for a while and its been on in the states for yonks, its a cool antisocial cartoon i believe by a guy called jhonen vasquez who also came up with such greats as johnny the homicidal maniac:D

zim has head pigeons!

Jhonen Vasquez is bloody brilliant! I first read "Squee" (my av-used to be a pic of Squee, and the username here I can't access anymore is Squee :p) and then Nny (Or Johnny the Homicidal Maniac). Definitely my favourite American cartoon author. :D

Haven't watched much of Zim yet, but I intend to change that soon enough. :) It's not as hardcore as Nny and Squee tho.