Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can you remember ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I came to thiese boards just over a year ago the first person who gave me help/support/advice was Mr Roll, Id had problems with my brother to do with drugs and Mr roll was straight in there to give me the advice/help I needed. I also got lots of information from others. I remember getting a PM that same night I joined here from Mr roll and was well chuffed that he had taken time out to actually help me.
So I suppose thats why I have clicked with him (mind we are both old farts so thats another factor) :p

so the question here is who sticks out in your head from when the first time you posted ? and why ?

Comments

• Options
    Lisa.

Because she was nice. Yes.
  • Options
    Mindless all the way. Of course I knew him before I started posting. And he's the best all-around poster on this board. Aw!

*COUGH*I accept checks*COUGH*

Though some months later I started to learn more about Thanatos, which was pretty positive. Had been warned against him before, but after exchanging e-mails, I'll say that there is so much more to this man than most on these boards could imagine. Pretty amusing to hear people on the politics board assuming all kinds of different stuff about him, when they have no clue whatsoever.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Though some months later I started to learn more about Thanatos, which was pretty positive. Had been warned against him before, but after exchanging e-mails, I'll say that there is so much more to this man than most on these boards could imagine. Pretty amusing to hear people on the politics board assuming all kinds of different stuff about him, when they have no clue whatsoever.

I agree 100%.

Turtle also sticks out in my mind. Various reasons.
  • Options
    Mm i'd have to say Klever cause if it wasnt for him i'd never have come back to the-site

SO if you wanna blame someone for having to put up with me you know who now :P
  • Options
    no one sticks out from the first time around, but i remember that my first ever PM (when i came back) was from one ms. beckyboo.

i believe i was complaining about never having had one, and she sent me one to cheer me up.

bless.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i believe i was complaining about never having had one, and she sent me one to cheer me up.

bless.

Did I, i cant remember that, my memories failing :lol:
  • Options
    mine would be budabing because she was the first person to help me out with the attack. she showed me a website which really helped. either her or Rainbow brite as she helped quite often,

thanks for that.:)
  • Options
    Oh yeah, since then Shukerly and I have become inseprable. That means if he hasn't been mean towards me, without my knowledge :eek:
  • Options
    Though some months later I started to learn more about Thanatos,

I know that name but cant remember why, come on Jaqc spill the beans :D

politics forum?
  • Options
    Heh. All I remember is loads of people complaining about being invaded. :D
  • Options
    Yes. Most well-hated American on these boards. Intelligent. Extremely. People don't care to look deeper cause of their differences towards him. Shame. Their loss, others gain. I am sure Kirsty and some of the well-respected politics posters, will back me up on this :)
    Just that they have left this place some time ago as well. 1½ years ago, was the time to post in politics *sigh*
  • Options
    Most well-hated American on these boards.

Oh dear, as bad as that eh. wish id never asked lol
  • Options
    Re: Can you remember ?
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    When I came to thiese boards just over a year ago the first person who gave me help/support/advice was Mr Roll, Id had problems with my brother to do with drugs and Mr roll was straight in there
    was that how we virtualy met? wow. i can't remember but i know i have a salt of the earth kind of pact with you becks.
    and i know you'l give me shit on here if you think i deserve it ...and you'd still reply to my pm's. she gets the same back ...
  • Options
    Re: Re: Can you remember ?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    was that how we virtualy met?

It was, and now your stuck with me :p
  • Options
    For me its Balddog...I got into so many arguments with him about the Afghanistan situation but I enjoyed them all!!
  • Options
    He he, Balddog. I miss him so much.
    First post in the politics forum which I made, he was really cold towards. And afterwards it ended up with him, defending me, when people were really really petty, and as I was an "easy" target for their stupid remarks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Lisa.

Because she was nice. Yes.

:yes: And she gave me a LJ code when everyone else just complained about me being another newbie that asked.
  • Options
    I remember bongbudda helped me a lot...
  • Options
    I'm with Mist here...all I remember is folks complaiing we'd invaded them. Oops!
  • Options
    diamond geezer cos he asked me how my eyes were and man of kent, we started off on the wrong foot but he also understood about my eye problem!

oh and some arse that started a thread about me cos i wasnt all for drug dealers. cant remember the name but he was a pure wean about it!
  • Options
    Bumblebee

I remember having a few clashes with her before when I firth joint but now we share a lot of the same views and opinions on things.

Also RNT

Started chatting one day and ending up talking to each other every night after that
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Groovaybaby*
    Turtle - NOT!! He was mean. Umm i think it was Liberty.

you and lacymay where the first people to stick up for me i think :)
  • Options
    I never remember the nice people, though Daisychain was nice, but I remember I couldn't stand Bumblebee. And Steelgate, I remember him, because he was odd :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    all I remember is folks complaiing

I do remember the complaining, I remember the thread as well :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Hmm you trying to make me use my brain, well first few were Charleytheboarderbabe or something similar, liberty, Turtle for being a meany to the newbies, although he never bothered me.
    Mok & of course my marmite a little later.
    Thats it for now but i remember quite a few sticking in my mind.
    Oh yes & groovaybaby. :)
  • Options
    First people i remember helping me about were Lexxie (where is she nowadays?) and Lacy i think. Got some helpful PMs and stuff.
  • Options
    I honestly can't even remember! Obviously nobody was that nice to me :(:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Well, you are the first thing I remember :)
    Awwww :blush:

Yes I can remember you joining and nattering to you about jobs and stuff!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'm nice to everyone when they join :(

If I wasn't nice to you, then its like, tough :p
  • Options
    Yes, I was nice but you werent meant to stay. :no:

And I'm with dave and kazbo. Invading. :yes: