Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why do people lie?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am wondering why people lie so much? Im not talking about everyone but some people seem to tell lies just to make other people look bad.
Lets give an instance something has been said about me to a friend which is total bullshit, so that makes me look bad. But the thing with liars is that they always get caught out and this person has just been set up :thumb:

So why am I posting this? well just to let people know that eventually a liar will get caught out, they forget what they said to who and eventually you get caught out too many times.

So what do you think about liars? do you remain friends with them or do you think 'nah cant be arsed' ?

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure we had this thread just a few days ago.

I hate lies.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Why do people lie?
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I am wondering why people lie so much? Im not talking about everyone but some people seem to tell lies just to make other people look bad.
    Lets give an instance something has been said about me to a friend which is total bullshit, so that makes me look bad. But the thing with liars is that they always get caught out and this person has just been set up :thumb:

So why am I posting this? well just to let people know that eventually a liar will get caught out, they forget what they said to who and eventually you get caught out too many times.

So what do you think about liars? do you remain friends with them or do you think 'nah cant be arsed' ?

it depends how big the lie is and whether it directly involves me. i do get upset if people lie to me because i am a very trusting person. its just my nature. i dont understand why people tell lies to make people look bad. maybe they are ill ... they need the attention so they want to make themselves look good against other people. i dont know :confused:

if you do lie then i agree becky ... you will get caught out.
  • Options
    Re: Why do people lie?
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

It's so true. :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    I'm sure we had this thread just a few days ago.

I hate lies.

Which one ? Sorry cant remember or else I would have put this there.

Nah im talking about someone I know and basically been telling porkies, you know making stories up to try and make me look bad, when I never said anything at all.
    It really annoys me because if this mate didnt know me as well she could beleive the stories. I was annoyed :mad:
  • Options
    i hope you make em cry :D

i get slagged off a lot with things that arent true but i think its cos people are jealous of me. and i know a lot of people would laugh at that but there are people who are jealous of me so :p
  • Options
    i work with a girl who is a terrible terrible liar. ahe lies about everything and everyone and everyone knows she is a liar. in a way i feel sorry for her because i think she has something up with her and she craves attention but she also makes me angry and pisses me off as she stirs up so much shit for people!
    everyone tells porkie pies now and again but massive lies are shit and yes the liars do eventually get caught out!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    I hate lies.

When they're directed at me I do. When I tell them it's usually only little ones to get me out of trouble.
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    i work with a girl who is a terrible terrible liar. ahe lies about everything and everyone and everyone knows she is a liar. in a way i feel sorry for her because i think she has something up with her and she craves attention but she also makes me angry and pisses me off as she stirs up so much shit for people!
    everyone tells porkie pies now and again but massive lies are shit and yes the liars do eventually get caught out!

Obviously I'm no psychologist but compulsive lying with no remorse or reasoning is a classic sympton of Aspergers Syndrome.

My nephew has it and he lies about anything and everything, even things that would not benefit him even if he did lie about it, and he doesn't even seem to notice/care. He's apparently in constant trouble at school.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Obviously I'm no psychologist but compulsive lying with no remorse or reasoning is a classic sympton of Aspergers Syndrome.

My nephew has it and he lies about anything and everything, even things that would not benefit him even if he did lie about it, and he doesn't even seem to notice/care. He's apparently in constant trouble at school.

That could get you into some trouble you know, imagine it, lying for no reason whatsoever...no wonder he's in constant trouble at school, it could get nasty sometime.
  • Options
    I've said it before and i'll say it again. There's nothing more i hate in the world than a liar. I seriously cannot stand lies/liars.
    I know where you're coming from Becky, i had someone tell a mate's mum lies about me to try and get her to stop my mate seeing me. It basically all came down to jealousy and her mum knew it was all lies anyways :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I dont know why people lie....i wish i did because i wanna know why I lie.....i mean i dont lie about big things and the worst part is that i lie to my own boyfriend.....the person i love the most but its not big things its STUPID things.....last nite he asked me and when we broke up like 5 months ago and shyt he asked me why i went back to my gothic clothes (yea i was goth then wen i started going out with him i changed soooo quick....too quick) and he asked why and i lied saying i dont remember first then i said because it was the first outfit i met him in then i told him the truth.....but this isnt the first tyme i lied to him about stupid shyt.......but so much stupidity and its gonna be 6 months in 18 days.....and now he is saying he feels indiferent about the realtionship

lying kills realitionships i know that but i wanna know why i do it i dont know why and its killing me because i love him sooo much.
  • Options
  • Options
    I work at Tesco and this lady once asked me whether we had any jobs going. I said "I'm not sure, I don't think so as we've just taken some new people on but if you go to customer service desk they'll be able to give you an application form and they'll keep your information should any jobs come up" (something along those lines).

Anyway later, I was at the customer service desk and a lady said "did you tell a customer we had some jobs going?". I was like no! Apparantly when they told her there were no jobs going, she said that I'd said there was.

That type of liar really pisses me off. :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    Yes, in two thousand and fucking THREE.

Well i found this topic while doing a yahoo search on why people lie and this came up and i didnt look @ the date/year

Originally posted by Kermit
    Oh. My. Fucking. God.

Words literally fail me. Completely.

Though I will point out, you utter spastic that i and y are not interchangeable. You complete and utter moron.

Please, don't ever come back.

Well its just how i type i've always typed like that and you happen to be the first person to be annoyed at the y and the i conversion.

And i will plan to come back.....i dont know maybe to join the board or just to annoy you....if my presence annoys you that much

ya cant put me through newbie treatment....i admister my own board and i know the strings....im just posting. nothing more or nothing less so i would appricate that you wouldnt pester me just because im a newbie..

Now with that said......can we get back to the topic even tho its a year old i just wanna know why thats all.
  • Options
    y and i are not the same letter. Maybe on some 1337 board its perfectly acceptable, but not here. Gawd. It's worse than stxt spk.

Oh, and:

Dude.
    Post.
    Dead.
  • Options
    fuck cares if the post is dead.....if you care so much about people posting then dont make the community searchable....if you care so much about people replying to old topics...then dont answer.....seems like this board isnt disiplined....because say if i was a mod or an admin, who replied to this topic i would get different responces....but since im a newbie its a different story.

All i wanted was to find the answer to my question and this was the only board that had a topic on it.....so cant i just get a simple straight forward reply with out people telling me how to spell or that i dug up an old topic....
  • Options
    The moderators will be closing this thread first thing tomorrow when they're at work.

And if you even BOTHERED to read the FAQ you saw when you registered you'd know not to do this. The thread is that old it isn't relevant anymore.

Were you absent the day God gave out brains?
  • Options
    well now i just read the rules for the newbies and im sorry for bringing a post back from the grave but i really want to talk about this topic and i obviously cant make a new topic now because 1. its too late and 2. its been talked about before, but not to the extent that i wish it was....

so sorry

ill listen to turtle

dude. post.dead.

i get it. sorry. bye.
  • Options
    Well huzzah, another n00b learns the lesson. I wish it didn't have to be so painful.

Just start a new thread about it, and ask the specifics. It's not difficult.
  • Options
    I never noticed. :o

Haha at me. :(
  • Options
    Awk stop being soo harsh ont he girl. She already explained herself about how she found this forum,etc.

You don't have to call her a morron. Yes you Kermt... Calm your little head down :p

She read the rules and admitted her mistake. Can't we leave it at that and while the post is here... might as well make use out of it.
  • Options
    i forgive them for the simple reason i'm impressed they actually read the rules lol

I have yet to read them myself :p
  • Options
    well i would have read the rules if i wasnt so concerned about typing my post first. then i read the rules after....I read rules because i admister a board myself so i respect other boards by reading their rules....but i didnt do that at first because i was upset and wanted an answer now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Gavman
    i forgive them for the simple reason i'm impressed they actually read the rules lol

Same here.

I just wish they'd do it in the first place and save my poor voice :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    Am I going crazy but wasnt it Kermit that said that?

I think Turtle must still be referred to in the FAQ. He was very prolific when it was written by Karen and Miranda.
  • Options
    yea it was turtle int the newbie rules and i remember that......but like before sorry
  • Options
    God I nearly shit meself when I seen this cos I couldnt remember starting it..........no wonder cos its a year old :lol:
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    God I nearly shit meself when I seen this cos I couldnt remember starting it..........no wonder cos its a year old :lol:
    three years old ya daft bat!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    three years old ya daft bat!
    Two...
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    Two...
    you can't count.