Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Are you currently single? If so, for how long?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For me, it's coming to four years....damn...Starting to think there's something wrong with myself...

Over here, the Canadian girls are not bad, but I never seem to get a chance to really get to know them...bummer.

Any suggestions on how to meet people at a new place?

Comments

• Options
    try saying something funny to get the ball rolling. usually works. bets of luck.
  • Options
    I've been single for 3months or more. But only through choice. I don't want to be tied down. I say one night stands are the best way to go and then get into a serious relationship when I am 20 or so.

I say go out and have fun and I'm sure you wil pull. :)
  • Options
    ive been single since november, so almost a year now. partly through choice cos im fussy but mainly cos ive not found anyone i really wanna be with (i think i have now tho :D)

id say stop looking for a girl and she will find you :) good luck
  • Options
    I've always been single, there MUST be something wrong with me. :rolleyes: :(
  • Options
    just talk to people wherever you are ... perhaps even compliment them on things they wear etc it'll make their day
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    just talk to people wherever you are ... perhaps even compliment them on things they wear etc it'll make their day

ditto when i meet men i tend to act like there mate rather then see them as potential b/f's works for me :)
  • Options
    I am single at the moment. Have been for something like my entire life. Going out and pulling ain't that easy. I can't help but raise a slight smile when people say they can't cope with being 'on the shelf' for a couple of months.

:naughty:
  • Options
    Right - here goes!

I will have been single for three years tomorrow! Yes - I know the date but not for a sad obsessive reason! ;)

Just explain the knowing the date thing:

Basically I was with a girly and at around the 1 year of being together mark, we decided to break up on our 2 year anniversary (26th September) because she was due to be going to university a couple of weeks later on and I moved away and tripled my salary... We came to this decision as things were still great, and (people with partners who have just gone to University etc may want to take note here...) we thought well, we are entering new times in our lives (especially her!) and we would rather be friends after it all instead of falling out as people tend to do in these situations and losing a good (if not best!) friend... And you know what, we still are! I have helped her through a nasty break up with a bloke (shame, they worked well together but it wasn't meant to be) and many other things as only a close friend can. There are no feelings of "should we get back together" etc between us as we know what we had and we know what we have now! :) It would now be like going out with my little sister or something... :eek2:

Anyways - yeah, 3 years! Basically I have a great lifestyle which revolves are me being single and not "tied down" to anybody. I am free to do what I want, when I want without having to factor somebody elses feelings into the equation. Sounds selfish but I see that seeing as I have done the "long term" relationship a few years ago, I am going to leave it a few years before I do it again.

Sure, I meet some great girls and things go well for a few weeks of fun and frolics then I feel the "shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit... No... Don't want this - having too much fun without it!" feeling coming on... End things and have yet another great friend to go out with on nights out! Rarely does it backfire and the girly won't let go (that I know of...) and so things are cool again!

So - to conclude this pointlessly long ramble... I am happy, great life, great friends although I never rule out the possibility of something if that one person can grab me enough! ;) Can't see it happening in the near future though - am too much of a social butterfly! :D

G.
  • Options
    Ive been single for about 2 years now, ive had numerous casual flings though.
  • Options
    Hum...well, maybe I'm too picky, here're the requirements:

Doesn't smoke.
    Doesn't do flings.
    Somewhat good looking.
    Must be genetically human of age 18 or above.
    Can be of any nationality but not raised in Asia (Hong Kong to be more specific). (i.e. not shallow, not materialistic. This is really generalising, I know, but it's the culture).
    She's well spoken and knows how to walk (yes, walk) well. :eek2:
    Got to be out going and kind personality.
    Got to be able to run/sprint without flapping her arms all over the place.

Currently, I'm not even sure if I want a girlfriend, I'm not really looking. But I do miss being in an intimate relationship.
  • Options
    I was single for about 2 years, through my own choice, but then a couple of months ago started dating again and it's sort of gone from there.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I split up with my ex of 3 years in about April, so coming on for 6 months of being single. Saw someone for a few weeks in between but he hardly counted as a boyfriend :rolleyes: I didn't mind too much til recently, now I don't wanna be single anymore :no:
  • Options
    hmm, try forever :rolleyes: :p

I only really became interested in lads when I came to college....and have only had a few little...:naughty: ....since. Nothing serious. I'm quite picky...don't get me wrong, I do get people asking but nah.

Plus, I've kinda liked the same person for like 18 months and they're being a complete moose :mad: :impissed:
  • Options
    MY baby finished me on 13th June, yes it was a Friday. Cannot seem to get over her, still very much in love. Haven't had anybody since, to scared to be honest. Time will tell...:(
  • Options
    I've never been in a relationship.
  • Options
    Yep i'm single & how long lets say I was born in 1985 & there's your answer :eek: :(

Nearly 18 yrs if you ain't too clever with the sums :D
  • Options
    Yep, currently single. About a year now. It's crap. :(
    I'm not big on one night stands (well, ok, I'm crap at pulling in pubs/clubs in other words), and would much rather be in a relationship anyway. But a year without having someone to hold, to snuggle with, to laugh, joke, and cry with, is driving me up the wall. I'm horny allmost all that damn time, need the soft touch of a girl's body next to mine, and at the end of the day need a big hug. God, life sucks at the moment. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I've been single for 12 months this month. Not Good.

Ilora x
  • Options
    yep, single too, always have been... :(
  • Options
    Hrm, I'd reckon since like..ten months ago?
  • Options
    I've been single for a little while. Um... one or two months, not really sure how long. That relationship wasn't really a "relationship" relationship to me. I haven't had a serious relationship for 6 months or so.

meh :)
  • Options
    about 7 months... thats when it really ended, though we had been on and off engaged for about a year prior to that. :( and i saw him last week... with his new girlfriend... and she's pretty :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by mattwillb
    I am single at the moment. Have been for something like my entire life. Going out and pulling ain't that easy. I can't help but raise a slight smile when people say they can't cope with being 'on the shelf' for a couple of months.

:naughty:

Same here.

Must admit I don't know why people bother to go out purely to pull - I mean, even if you're lucky you'll probably get the wrong person. Trouble is, there's a lot of pressure to have a girlfriend. You get considered as less mature and responsible if you don't have one, and I feel quite put down whenever I'm in the presence of a couple. They just seem a lot better and more grown-up than me. But I want to stick out for the right person and all that. Sometimes I just don't want to bother at all, it's just all so depressing :(
  • Options
    Ummm.... 7 months. I am after the whole relationshippy stuff again though, all the little hugs and cuddles and random kisses and stuff. I've not had that for a year and a halfish because my last relationship was long distance, so we didn't see each other much at all. That sucked.
  • Options
    I've been single for four months, but I've never been in a serious relationship. The furthest I've gone with someone is french kissing. My longest relationship lasted one week, unless you count one with a guy I never met and was with someone over the phone (we met on the net) that was for a few months.

I hate being single. It really gets me down. To make matters worse, I am in love with a guy who I don't think feels the same way.
  • Options
    I will say this, i'm 17 years old and have been single all my life. Half of you on here will see that as a horror and a reason for suicide probably but I've never let it get me down that much at all.

There are so many people who have abandonment issues and are afraid of being alone. I will admit that there are always time when I see couples or even my mates with theirs, I feel left out and there was one time when I felt really desperate for someone and didn't give a shit who it was. I hated it then.

Don't treat it as if it such a big deal and worth losing sleep over. There are other things in life that are just as important as gettin a gf/bf.
  • Options
    Originally posted by frapestyle
    I will say this, i'm 17 years old and have been single all my life. Half of you on here will see that as a horror and a reason for suicide probably but I've never let it get me down that much at all.

There are so many people who have abandonment issues and are afraid of being alone. I will admit that there are always time when I see couples or even my mates with theirs, I feel left out and there was one time when I felt really desperate for someone and didn't give a shit who it was. I hated it then.

Don't treat it as if it such a big deal and worth losing sleep over. There are other things in life that are just as important as gettin a gf/bf.

What's that?
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    What's that?
    * Pulling off something you never thought you would?

* A quiet satisfaction that you've beaten someone else at something they thought they were good at?

* Coming home and knowing that your parents are around?
    ...and no matter what you screw up they'l always be there for you?
    ...and help you out of it?

* Having someone to be with that you don't have to love, you can just hang with, be their friend, and have fun together?

* Going somewhere new and meeting new people?

I don't know, I'm just clutching at straws here, but they sound like they could be possibilities