Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Question for the girls ... A Kiss on the ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Girls if you just met a guy for the first time .. like in a bar or club and he kissed you on the hand would you be impressed, flattered or run for the nearest exit?? Is it a very galant thing to do or a bit forward these days?
handani1.gif

Comments

• Options
    Re: Question for the girls ... A Kiss on the ...
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Girls if you just met a guy for the first time .. like in a bar or club and he kissed you on the hand would you be impressed, flattered or run for the nearest exit?? Is it a very galant thing to do or a bit forward these days?

*gets ready to take notes*:(
  • Options
    Depends on who he is. If he's a geek who I have absolutely no interest in, then he won't even get the chance to do that. Now if it's someone nice, and it is made in a jokey kind of way, then it is indeed sweet.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Question for the girls ... A Kiss on the ...
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    *gets ready to take notes*:(

send me e-mail of note lol:)
  • Options
    Yeh at first it'd be good and get me thinking "oooh maybe he likes me..." But, its a little, i dunno, 'cheesy' / slimey almost.

Meh *shrugs*
  • Options
    I know I'm not a girl but I would never kiss a girl's hand - certainly not at the first meeting, if I ever felt compelled to do so it would be at the end of a date but generally speaking I wouldn't.

I think it's really cheesy. It's almost as bad as those people who do air kisses on either side of the other persons cheeks and go "mwah! mwah!" - I never thought people really did that but then I saw some people do that and it was just cringe making.
  • Options
    Re: Question for the girls ... A Kiss on the ...
    Girls if you just met a guy for the first time .. like in a bar or club and he kissed you on the hand would you be impressed, flattered or run for the nearest exit??

Id think ' worra posh git '

Kissing the hand :eek:

nah not my cuppa tea :D
  • Options
    The only men who have ever kissed me on the hand have either been really drunk old men, or friends of my parents (or indeed, both), so no, I don't think it would turn me on. I'd get all embarrassed :blush:

PS Diamond, you've got me singing that song from Moulin Rouge now. #a kiss on the hand may be quite continental, but diamonds are a girls best friend#

:D
  • Options
    i'd think he was a twat.

that may not be fair, but it's the truth.
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    The only men who have ever kissed me on the hand have either been really drunk old men, or friends of my parents (or indeed, both), so no, I don't think it would turn me on. I'd get all embarrassed :blush:

PS Diamond, you've got me singing that song from Moulin Rouge now. #a kiss on the hand may be quite continental, but diamonds are a girls best friend#

:D

OMG .. that's from Moulin Rouge? I must be older then I thought cos I always imagine Marilyn Monroe singing that song!!

That Cartoon skunk peppy le pew always used to kiss women on the hand, he was a cute little bugger!!

3653.jpg
  • Options
    Diamond why are you asking anway?

If your on the pull a peck on the cheek would work a treat, then later on go the full hog :p
  • Options
    my partner kisses me on the hand all the time when he sees me, i think its very romantic. and it feels nice too, makes you feel like maybe he feels for a little more than just a shag or a fat snog in front of people.
  • Options
    OMG .. that's from Moulin Rouge? I must be older then I thought cos I always imagine Marilyn Monroe singing that song!!

hehe, perhaps. I am not old enough to remember though :p I just think Nicole Kidman when I hear that song!
  • Options
    I'd probably say 'no one has done that before' and just think he was posh or like kaffrin said, a twat. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Depends on who he is. If he's a geek who I have absolutely no interest in, then he won't even get the chance to do that. Now if it's someone nice, and it is made in a jokey kind of way, then it is indeed sweet.

If he's fit then yeah, I'd think it was interesting to say the least :naughty:
  • Options
    I would... run for the nearest exit!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Yeh at first it'd be good and get me thinking "oooh maybe he likes me..." But, its a little, i dunno, 'cheesy' / slimey almost.

Meh *shrugs*

I kinda agree with you on this matter, but who knows, we could all be dreaming.

I know that sounds really cheesy, but oh well.
  • Options
    first id laugh then id think he was a twat, some guy at school did that to me and i punched him for being creepy
    wow that makes me sound really violent
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    first id laugh then id think he was a twat, some guy at school did that to me and i punched him for being creepy
    wow that makes me sound really violent

jesus i aint pissing you off now *backs away*.

i dunno why alot of people are oposed of it. my ex use to like it. though it was romantic:). i don't see the problem with it. it doesnt make you posh or a twat it a kiss on a hand to show affection a bit like a kiss on the cheeks its not a full blown kiss which might be going to far and its something diffrent than being kissed on the cheek.
  • Options
    if he was like french or italian i wouldn't be bothered, but anyone else I'd find it a bit strange :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I say go for it but do it comically. That way it isn't serious but shows you see them in an attractive light.
  • Options
    if i found him attractive i'd think it would be kinda sweet if i didnt fancy him at all it would probably think he was really slimy.

does that make sense? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Its a good ice breaker,

you might be in a pub, club,gym or whatever you get chatting to someone then when you ask them there name, you kiss their hand and say its a nice to meet you s....

I'd only do it for kind of a laugh and if I thought she was attractive!If you done it seriously you'd just look like a plonker! And despite what some of you may say it does actually work- even if it is a bit cheesy!
  • Options
    I think if that happened to me and he was fit id go all :blush: giggle and smile! but if he was ugly id just laugh!
  • Options
    Depends on why the dude is doing it. If he was trying to be romatic then I would run out the nearest exit, but if it was connected to something like a conversation or whatever I wouldn't really mind (as in nowt serious). But he wouldn't be likely to get the chance to do it again. :)

I personally think it's rather cheesy.
  • Options
    meh, i do it to my current girlfriend, and i dont do it to be romantic or anythings its just something i did by mistake while we were laying down together and she giggled and kissed me on the lips, now its just become something i do every now and again, if im holding her hand and i make a joke about her or about us or something ill kiss her hand after.... hmmmm well thats my useless answer anyways
  • Options
    I'd back away as in my book the only people that do it to me are foreign men and slimey gits. I get it quite often but it's usually from the local slimeballs who think that being gallant and smooth is going to help. It makes me cringe as i just think of this one smoothie who's urgh.
  • Options
    I know this guy who's sooo posh, but he's the loveliest guy I know and he just plays up to the posh accent and the public schoolboy charm all the time. Sounds awful but somehow he makes it work and it makes girls go weak at the knees. He does the hand kissing thing and gets away with it - don't ask me how - but any other guy who did it I'd just find weird. I guess if it fits in with your character then yeah, it can be quite funny/sweet, but random blokes doing that to me in clubs would get a response something like :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carolina
    I'd back away as in my book the only people that do it to me are foreign men and slimey gits. I get it quite often but it's usually from the local slimeballs who think that being gallant and smooth is going to help. It makes me cringe as i just think of this one smoothie who's urgh.

Just coz they are foreign, doesn't mean they are not slimey gits also.
  • Options
    Originally posted by **TiNk**
    I think if that happened to me and he was fit id go all :blush: giggle and smile! but if he was ugly id just laugh!

:yes: Yeh. But if he was ugly I'd probably like, push him offa me and go 'Eugh go AWAY!' :p
  • Options
    Umm....yeh, I think if he was really nice looking, he'd be able to carry it off more. It's still a no no in my books really :yuck:

If I knew them, it'd be alright...but still, I'd be a bit like :eek2: