Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

2 little lumps on either side of my neck

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have heard that these can be a sign of lymphoma, and im scared..

i have these 2 small lumps just past half way down my neck (nearer the bottom), no larger than a pea (prob smaller actually) and they are in the same position on both side wich makes me think/hope they are normal.
when they say about lymph nodes do they mean large lumps or very small ones?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    It could be a sign, but Hodgkinsons Non Lymphoma treatment has a high success rate - I know a survivor.

You need to get to the doctor...it may just be your glands that are swolen?
  • Options
    could be could be. apparently a blood test showed glandular fever a few wks ago.

but i know wot my glands are and they aint that small. wot sparked me off is readin about delta goodrem in the paper, was diagnosed "after finding lumps on her neck".
    doctors soon then
  • Options
    ive got to large pea sized lumps on either side of my neck, think ive always had them.
  • Options
    I have the same. I went to the doctors about it a few years back and told me they were "nodgles" and ive had them all my life and are nothing to worry about, are quite common.

So if uve always had them i wouldnt worry about it :)
  • Options
    My brother had something called a 'Ganglion' (SP) on his wrist for ages and it wasn't dangerous.
  • Options

So if uve always had them i wouldnt worry about it :) [/B]

It probably isn't anything to worry about, but as you have posted here you are obviously concerned. Going to the doctor is the only way to ease your mind.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    They could be knots in the muscle? I have a large lump in the side of my neck near my ear lobe, but all I need to do is have a massage, and the knot will be relaxed.
    Ilora x
  • Options
    If you were diagnosed with Glandular Fever, its definately your glands. They swell up on either side of your neck to varying sizes to try and fight the infection. When I had it, the glands in my groin and under my arms also swelled up and became quite painful. If you are on antibiotics for the Glandular Fever, this should help, as should taking garlic supplements (I suffered from recurring Glandular Fever for 2 years and this was the only thing I found helped).
  • Options
    I know what you mean.

I'm 16, and i've got swollen glands so therefore i cannot swallow properly or anything at the minute.
    I recently felt two small lumps on both sides of my neck towards my jaw and wondered what they were.
    After reading this thread, i think it's because i had swollen glands that they've come up.

They aren't anything to worry about (:
  • Options
    Which will be a relief, six years later :D

Welcome to the Boards ShananonJade93, but you might want to check the age of a thread before posting in it. If you have any problems yourself it's worth starting a new thread...

Enjoy this place, it's addictive