Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

its come

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
today, right now, this very instant, marks the two year anniversary of the day my dad left. and i dont feel very regretful at all.

its his birthday, im going to see him later. i cant believe this has come round so quickly. and i cant believe how much ive grown up in the space of two years. it only seems like yesterday, yet yesterday seems like an eternity ago.

wow. two whole years. thats my duaghters age - two. wow. fuck me.

dont you think time flies?

its so funny - people always said to me when my dad first left (and i was just a taddle of a mess, just having a new baby around aswell, it twas a bit of a nightmare to say the least) all it would take is time. they said in time everything would be alright. but i dont think its time thats heald everything. we still cry, we still talk philosophically about the way we'd like things to be. i think its pain thats healed us. for pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses our understanding.

Comments

• Options
    I hope that your dad will go ok and I hope that things are ok or at least almost ok between the two of you.

Please take care of yourself and hope that things go well for you, even though this might be a day late.
  • Options
    sounds as if your having a strange time of late, just pm me if you ever want a chat babe xxxx
  • Options
    thanks ladies. it went ok, apart from my dad calling my mum in the morning to say 'hello' - he obviously thinks things are completely fine now! She wasnt too impressed to say the least.

I dont like anniversaries of sad things. Like boxing day would have been my due date, so im not looking forward to that. but i like stuff like birthdays and anniversaries of relationships and stuff. i think they're nice. anyway - less sad chat; im off to college in a minute, just finished my driving lesson (looking good :yes: )and im at work later on, so plenty to think about and do.

plus that and susie sent me some topshop vouchers (cuz im special :p) so i have some shopping to look forward to aswell :)

*always look on the bright side of life* da da, da da da da da da

/\ remind me of this when im on here in a few nights time crying my eyes out over something shit!!