Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shopping :-(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going clothes shopping to Bluewater tomorrow - I need to get loads of stuff for uni, especially trousers and shoes. The problem is....I hate shopping! I don't actually mind walking around the shops, but for some reason I have real trouble committing to buy something. I can NEVER decide if I like it or not, and whenever I buy something, my main criterion is : "what will other people think if I buy this". This isn't being shallow, it's being scared of people disliking my clothes - I know that's a terrible way to live, but for some reason I can't break the cycle.

Another problem is that I don't like to spend much money on any item onf clothing, in case I decide I don't like it later, and it'll have been a waste of money. So I usually spend ages shopping and come back empty-handed, simply because I can't decide if I like something enough to buy it!

Interesting to see how tomorrow goes....

Comments

• Options
    I hate to say this, but i have a friend like you, and i HATE going shopping with her. I refuse to do it. Shes back and forth to the same shops around 3 times each cause she cant decide and when she finally does decide, she'll get ready to queue then say that she has decided she doesnt want any, and will put it back! ARGH! :mad: Although, i think in her case its also more her being a tight-arse than worrying what people think tbh...
  • Options
    Re: Shopping :-(
    Originally posted by openup
    I hate shopping! B]
    Sorry but I stopped reading after this! :shocking:

:p
  • Options
    lmfao, you should try going shopping with me sometime then you'd never complain about your friend again

It certainly doesnt help that i have no fashion sense either :p
  • Options
    i love shopping but i have this problem:

when ive got no money i see loads of things that i want but then when ive got money i can never find any thing i like /want how frustratings that :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by sar's the lady
    i love shopping but i have this problem:

when ive got no money i see loads of things that i want but then when ive got money i can never find any thing i like /want how frustratings that :rolleyes:

I KNOW JUST WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!!!!

God, it makes me soooooo angry :p
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    I could imagine spending a lot of money in the shops in west quay. :yes:

I did last week! :yes: :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by TempleOfDreams
    I KNOW JUST WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!!!!

God, it makes me soooooo angry :p

:yes: :banghead: :mad:

That is all.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    sypmathies. i detest shopping too :mad: :)