Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Best bargain you got

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Went shopping today and popped into Primark and what a hell of a bargain I got. A skirt for £5 and matching jacket for £7, so I got a nice two piece for £12 :eek2:
Its just a black skirt and black Jacket but with a nice little top underneath it will look great :D

I had no intentions of buying anything for me but when I seen it i couldn't resist it.

so whats your best clothing buy of late ?

Comments

• Options
    DAY Birger et Mikkelsen skirt. Found it, loved it, and realised that it was on sale :D
    So instead of approx £90, I paid around £40, which isn't that much comparing to the fact that it is a DAY, that it's an evening skirt, and that it is absolutely gorgeous. Everyone who has seen it has been perplexed by it's beauty (yes I get sentimental when it comes to my clothes :p)

Now the mission is to find matching shoes and top, so I can wear it for our ball in school, which is already in October :eek:
  • Options
    HOW MUCH :eek2:

can someone pick me up off the floor please :lol:

£40 that would almost get me a whole outfit lol.
    But yeah you did get a bargain though :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    DAY Birger et Mikkelsen skirt. Found it, loved it, and realised that it was on sale :D
    So instead of approx £90, I paid around £40, which isn't that much comparing to the fact that it is a DAY, that it's an evening skirt, and that it is absolutely gorgeous. Everyone who has seen it has been perplexed by it's beauty (yes I get sentimental when it comes to my clothes :p)

I think my best bargain has either got to be my recent primark shopping spree where i got a pair of jeans, a pair of nice black going out trousers and 5 tops for £30. or possibly it might have been using my la redoute code for £20 off and no minimum spend. I bought £24 worth of stuff - a pair of jeans and a nice top for £24 but i paid £4.
    I wouldnt pay £40 for a skirt even if its beauty did perplex me!!! I dont think ive ever been perplexed by a skirt
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I think my best bargain has either got to be my recent primark shopping spree where i got a pair of jeans, a pair of nice black going out trousers and 5 tops for £30.

Brilliant shop isnt it.

The tops are unbeleivable low priced, like £4 for a dressy going out top, nice jumpers for £6.
    Hey your shop might have had that suit I got. Its a plain black tight fit skirt and has like small zips on (I know it sounds horrible, but its not) :D and it has a matching jacket. I didnt really have time to look for a top but I did see several strappy tops which would look nice.
  • Options
    well the trousers have small zipped pockets and the lining inside the waistband is pink satin. theyre really nice. I dont know if theyre similar to your skirt.
    by the way becky, pm me if you want the la redoute code :)
  • Options
    this year at reading festival i bought a denim deisel mini dress with poppers up the front for £3 from the oxfam shop there, i was well chuffed:hyper: since itd probably cost a bomb in the shops!:D
  • Options
    today i got some evisu jeans for 40 reduced from 150, other than that, i got a dkny jacket reduced from $280 to $16 (i was in california) which was probably the most ive ever had something reduced by
  • Options
    I knew Primark would come into this thread :) I went in there the other day and saw a huge crowd of women stood round one of the racks, so I went over to have a look. They were selling bras for £3!!! So naturally I had to get one, pity they were only in the one colour though!
  • Options
    Originally posted by clara
    this year at reading festival i bought a denim deisel mini dress with poppers up the front for £3 from the oxfam shop there, i was well chuffed:hyper: since itd probably cost a bomb in the shops!:D

OMG, my mate was at Leeds Festival and she spent so much money in the Oxfam shop... got some gorgeous Miss Sixty jeans for like £10, a Miss Sixty jumper for £4 and a Miss Sixty top for £3 - she looks amazing in them all, they were all brand new too :yes: Apparently they get stuff donated, and then Oxfam just price it at whatever they think it'll sell at.

If I go to Leeds next year, Oxfam is my first stop :p

Edited because I'm crap at spelling :D
  • Options
    i got a pink miss sixty top from a charity shop yesterday for £1.95. its lovely. bargain!
  • Options
    i got two bra and thong sets from primark and 3 g strings all for £10.50
    bargain! im going back tomoro!
  • Options
    I got a cd album for £6 when it would usually cost £12.99 & it had only been released for 2 months & the new version hadn't even been released yet :)

.:Crispy:.