Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eye liner on the top lid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this might sound a bit sad or whatever but how do you apply eye liner on the top lid of your eye? because i can only manage to do that bottom.please help.

Comments

• Options
    I used to wear eyeliner on the top a few years back. I used to use a wet liner, which came with the correct applicator.
    I would shut my eye, and pull my eyelid gently to the side, so its tight. My finger would be at the outer corner, the one nearest your ear. Its better to rest your elbow on a hard flat surface, especially if you have shakey hands. gently glide your wand from outer corner to inner corner. Have a practice, get yourself in front of a mirror and use a good make up remover and have a good practice. Practice makes perfect :D
  • Options
    chears :) i think i might buy the liquid liner and give that a try
  • Options
    its really hard!
    I gave up trying cos its so hard to get it even. now i just use a thin line of dark shadow for a similar effect if thats what i want. its much more forgiving.
  • Options
    I almost always use liner on my top lids. I think the easy peasy way to do it is with a flat slanted brush like this:

M87F-01.gif

and wet liner. I've started using a cake eyeliner, where you wet the brush and work it into the liner and then apply it along your top lashes, and it's sooo easy - the eyeliner just sort of runs into the bottom of your lashes.