Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why does everything have to revolve around sex?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm getting sick of going out with my mates and the conversation always turning towards sex - how many people they've had, where they've done it, how long it's been since they have etc. I realise sex is an important part of many people's lives (sadly not mine), but i'm getting annoyed with them always talking about it. Yes it's partly sour grapes on my part (hmm...sounds painful!), but even so they don't have to talk about it all the time!

Comments

• Options
    why not? people can talk about whatever they want...if they are getting sex and you aren't...who's fault is that?
  • Options
    Because it's a basic human instinct, and your friends are just bragging about it. It's a sort of display of virility I suppose, but as you know, most of it's going to be bull.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    so even if it is bull let them get on it and don't ruin their fun, your time will come.
  • Options
    I agree with openup
  • Options
    Its addictive- and when you are getting it you'll understand!

But they should have some tact about talking about it in front of you- I doubt they see anything wrong in doing it, if it bothers you say something to one of them on the qt or just wait and bide your time! And I guarantee you will once you start getting some!
  • Options
    Because sex is goooood.

But yeah, I don't like it when it's all people want to talk about - if you've got a great sex life there's not really any need to talk about it with other people all the time.
  • Options
    I agree with someone else in saying, you'll be talking about it once you're getting some. Until then the only way you'll stop them talking about it in front of you is to say something.
  • Options
    I talk about it all the time. However I know where openup is coming from. Why the fuck do we as humans feel the need to talk abotu it all the time? Its good, we do it, it feels great. End of.
  • Options
    Re: Why does everything have to revolve around sex?
    Originally posted by openup
    I realise sex is an important part of many people's lives (sadly not mine)

That's the problem - when it is, noone will be able to shut you up either! :lol:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Why does everything have to revolve around sex?
    Originally posted by Teagan
    That's the problem - when it is, noone will be able to shut you up either! :lol:

I totally agree! :yes:
  • Options
    cause its the ONLY reason we're still fecking here ...mr wobble got it in a nutshell .... :)
  • Options
  • Options
    i find that the people who talk about it most are the ones who aren't getting any.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i find that the people who talk about it most are the ones who aren't getting any.

So true !!!

all they are doing is bragging and when they get home they aint getting nowt so they go to their bottom drawer......if you know what I mean :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    Well, if I were getting any, I certainly wouldn't be sat here at the computer. Unless it was some sort of kinky role play game, where I'm the boss, and she's the naughty secretary, being punished by having to give me a blow job while I'm at work. :naughty:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Hehe anybody else see the irony of coming onto a forum that talks almost exclusively about sex, to say how that's all people like to talk about?? I love it!!

Seriously tho, I know where you're coming from!
  • Options
    Because sex is seen as all-important, its seen as the holy grail of life. How many holes youve filled with baby batter is more important than ANYTHING else.

And yet we wonder why so many 14-year-olds are getting up the duff?

Though what kaffrin said is true, if theyre having to brag about getting laid then theyre the pathetic people, really.