Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

REAL motivation to lose weight...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Check this guy's website out. I think he's done an amazing job, and he's kept a log and shown us pictures of his progress every single day. Now that's what you call dedication.

http://www.twowiresthin.com/wl2003/

Comments

• Options
    Personally I think he is odd. All those "phases" of losing weight etc isn't actually healthy. Bulking up to slim down is pointless... very very pointless.

Also, have you ever stopped to consider that some people are actually quite happy with their weight?
  • Options
    That's just something fat people say.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Personally I think he is odd. All those "phases" of losing weight etc isn't actually healthy. Bulking up to slim down is pointless... very very pointless.
    He was fat and unhealthy. He lost the fat, and is now beginning to put on some muscle. What's so pointless or wrong with that? He's only trying to be healthy.
    Also, have you ever stopped to consider that some people are actually quite happy with their weight?
    ...... what about these people....? :rolleyes: Let them be happy with their weight.
    But for people who want to lose weight, this guy is an inspiration.
    His 'before & after' picture's are real. Unlike the crap 'before & after' picture's that you see in magazine's, and he show's you exactly how he achieved his goals.
  • Options
    jesus he looks totally different! well done, i say :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    jesus he looks totally different! well done, i say :)
    That's more like it :thumb:
    I think it's great the way he kept a log of his progress all the way and allowed us to see it.
    That's what I like about it. It's REAL result's from a REAL person. No crap gimmicks like you see in magazine's or TV.
  • Options
    Originally posted by squat_tom
    That's just something fat people say.
    Is it?

Please stop following me from thread to thread making snide remarks. This is polite warning number one. :)
  • Options
    I think he's brilliant!

I intend to follow all his food recipes and work out routines.

I will try them for 3 months. If things work out then I will keep at it so. In 3 months you all will see the pics etc etc, :)
  • Options
    Is it?

Please stop following me from thread to thread making snide remarks. This is polite warning number one. :)

Please get over yourself. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Wow! Incredible. I was amazed at the photos of himself when he'd lost a load of weight, but still had a high bodyfat, compared to the photo of him at the same weight, but with lower bodyfat.
    I've got to change my diet by the look of it.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I think what this guy has achieved is incredible and a fine example of motivation and dedication. :thumb:

But ... before you guys all rush out to follow his example, just think of what he is sacrificing. He'll be healthier, look better and probably live longer but will he be actually living? :confused:

No more nights out on the tiles getting bladdered with your mates, no more eating what you like in a restaurant, etc etc

It's a very well to get fitter and eat better but like all things, do it in moderation or you will become obsessed and forget what having a life is all about. :hyper:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Teagan

No more nights out on the tiles getting bladdered with your mates, no more eating what you like in a restaurant, etc etc

I would quite happily sacrifice nights out and eating junk food to live healthier and live longer.

I am going to try his diet and fitness routine. Well I have already started and his recipes are quite tasty. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *MadinthenuT*
    I would quite happily sacrifice nights out and eating junk food to live healthier and live longer.

Completely? Like he has? No booze? etc

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ....

p.s. I wouldn't miss junk food itself either .... but other stuff I would.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Teagan
    Completely? Like he has? No booze? etc

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ....

p.s. I wouldn't miss junk food itself either .... but other stuff I would.

Yeah I'm trying it for 3-4 months. See how things go.

I don't mind missing booze. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by *MadinthenuT*
    Yeah I'm trying it for 3-4 months. See how things go.

I don't mind missing booze. :crazyeyes

Hehehehe .... u're a stronger man than me! Ah well, I suppose u've still always got DRUGS!!!! :naughty: