Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

T-H-I-C-K hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
HEEEELP!!

My hair is sooooo thick! It's a bloody nightmare to look after! I have a total trim down to a number 3 and it all grows back and starts coverin my ears n down my face after a month.

I need sometips on lookin after it. I know about hair thinning but that's...really femenine?

Gel isn't my speciality but I haven't really experimented much yet but I usually use Wella's watery kinda gel from a spray bottle to keep a wet look. This lasts about 3 hours before it all goes thick n horrible.

Aren't there any particular styles that compliment it? I'll try finding a picture later on...

Comments

• Options
    My hair's the same, it's really frustrating - I see everyone else with cool hairstyles and wish I could just do SOMETHING with mine! I've been wondering about having a number 1, that can look quite cool, what do people think?
  • Options
    surely just doing something spiky with it will look good?

davy, maybe you should go into a hairdressers or Boots and see what things they sell. there are so many different types of products you could use.

and the wet look?..doesnt sound that nice if its what im imagining.

also if you go to a good hairdressers then they should be able to give you advice and a style that would suit you.
  • Options
    My best mate has his hair thinned apparently, though I never thought it was that thick :confused: so I wouldn't say it was a girly thing. Just ask the hairdresser if they can thin it out a bit.

this is from the girl who got her hair thinned against her will last time because the hairdressers were moaning about the thickness of her hair... sigh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    this is from the girl who got her hair thinned against her will last time because the hairdressers were moaning about the thickness of her hair... sigh.

Yeah they use thinning scissors and when they start using them it feels like they are hacking into your hair and cutting it all off. My hair is thick and they use them just to thin the sides out so it dont go bushy.
  • Options
    I have really thick hair too. I cant style mine at all. I always get a 2 back and sides and kinda short on top. I had my hair cut last week and it is starting to stick up in the morning! I need a total fucking baldy.