Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ex's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why the hell do they do it? You split up after 3 years and now you think you're finally over everything that happened, you've moved on. You've started seeing new blokes and going out with mates that you hadn't seen for ages, and most importantly you'd started having fun for the first time in a loooong time. Then they get back in touch. After 6 months. To tell you that they miss you. :banghead:

They really know how to fuck with your head!

Comments

• Options
    Re: Ex's
    Originally posted by Faith

Damn right :(

The longer you're together, the better at it they become as well :p
  • Options
    Re: Re: Ex's
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    The longer you're together, the better at it they become as well :p

The only way to stay sane is to stay single :yes:
  • Options
    the only way to stay sane is............

there's no way....life is full of head fucks.
  • Options
    Why the hell do they do it? You split up after 3 years and now you think you're finally over everything that happened, you've moved on. You've started seeing new blokes and going out with mates that you hadn't seen for ages, and most importantly you'd started having fun for the first time in a loooong time. Then they get back in touch. After 6 months. To tell you that they miss you. :banghead:

GUILTY as charged. I love to do that if ive been dumped. Makes me feel better just to use em and abuse em. Funny how exes always come back even if they were the 'dumpers'
  • Options
    So, why does this fuck with your head? I mean, you were fed up of him, you dumped him, and don't want anything to do with him, so how does him saying he misses you mess with you? Unless you're feeling guilty? Surely you can just brush him off politely and forget about it?

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    i no how ur feeling, i split up with my ex bout 7 months ago and i have been with my current bf for 6 months and then today i was walkin around town after college and i saw my ex and it just fucked me up totaly
  • Options
    Re: Re: Ex's
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    So, why does this fuck with your head? I mean, you were fed up of him, you dumped him, and don't want anything to do with him, so how does him saying he misses you mess with you? Unless you're feeling guilty? Surely you can just brush him off politely and forget about it?

I never wanted nothing to do with him. I only finished with him cos I was fed up of being treated like shit, not cos I was fed up with him. I still cared about him a lot and wanted us to be mates, but he decided he hated me and was going to ignore me. It took me a couple of months to actually get over him and be happy about seeing new people, now 6 months later when I thought I'd managed to put it all behind me he says he misses me and it brings all the memories and that back. That's why it fucks with my head.
  • Options
    Uh oh.

But the big question is...

Do you miss him ?

If I were in your situation, I'd be really cross that he'd got in touch just to say that - he's making it harder for both of you. And I'd tell him tough, I'd moved on. Even if I hadn't. To be honest, I think that it's the easiest way to deal with things.

On the other hand, he might be growing up and realising that being friends might be that bad - in what sense did he say he was missing you? Missing being your boyfriend, or just missing your fun company? It might be worth trying to establish a friendship now, but only if you think both of you are over the relationship.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Uh oh.

But the big question is...

Do you miss him ?
    I didn't. But I do now :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    in what sense did he say he was missing you? Missing being your boyfriend, or just missing your fun company? It might be worth trying to establish a friendship now, but only if you think both of you are over the relationship.

I asked him about this and he said missing me as a girlfriend. He told me what he was missing about me etc and reminded me of all the stuff I used to like about being with him aswell. We argued for a bit but then started chatting and we have spoken a few times since. For the last 5 months I've hated him and all I could remember was the way he treated me and all the other bad things. Now all I can think of are the good things. I thought I was over him and the whole relationship but now I'm not so sure, I can't stop thinking about what we had etc...:eek2:
  • Options
  • Options
    "Oh bugger" indeed Seed

ooh it rhymes :p
  • Options
    I can't stop thinking about what we had etc
    The key word is "had", not "got". You don't have anything at the moment, except a past, and a history, with him. You didn't get on due to all the messing about, you don't want that again, so you don't want him back in your life. Yes? So it's simple, isn't it, you know it wouldn't work, therefore you wouldn't want him back, and therefore it shouldn't mess with your mind.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    so you don't want him back in your life. Yes? So it's simple, isn't it, you know it wouldn't work, therefore you wouldn't want him back, and therefore it shouldn't mess with your mind.

:yes: Sounds so simple I know. I don't want him back, I know it could never work out. But it doesn't stop you from thinking about something that you thought you were over. I guess that's the thing really, it's made me realise that I'm not over him afterall.
  • Options
    :yes: Sounds so simple I know. I don't want him back, I know it could never work out. But it doesn't stop you from thinking about something that you thought you were over. I guess that's the thing really, it's made me realise that I'm not over him afterall.

can you ever really be over someone you loved though? (im presuming you loved him!) ive only been in love once but a part of me still loves my ex and i think i always will.

are you still physically attracted to him? i have an ex and i still think he's really fit and even though he was a tosser i'd still be sooo tempted just coz i still fancy him. even though i know its wrong and probably wouldnt on principle.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    can you ever really be over someone you loved though? (im presuming you loved him!) ive only been in love once but a part of me still loves my ex and i think i always will.

are you still physically attracted to him? i have an ex and i still think he's really fit and even though he was a tosser i'd still be sooo tempted just coz i still fancy him. even though i know its wrong and probably wouldnt on principle.

I did love him, and yeah I suppose you could be right. I don't love him like I did when we were going out, and parts of me can't stand him...but there is still 'something' there.

As for physical attraction I don't know, I've not seen him for 6 months and am not likely to cos he doesn't live down here...so at least that's one less thing to worry about! :rolleyes: