Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

dry hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my hair is incredibly dry, frizzy and fine. it seriously rips my knitting.

can anyone recommend any good products to make it smooth an straighter? i tried, and am still using frizz-ease serum but it did feck-all!! :mad:

please, im begging you, i am at my wits end here :crying: :banghead: :impissed: :mad:

Comments

• Options
    My hair was like that after the summer too.
    First of all, get it cut!
    Use leave in conditioner, and comb it through.
    Vo5 miracle rescue is a good deep conditioner.
    If you use a temporary dye it can smoothen your hair out.
  • Options
    Frizz-Ease do a miracle treatment conditoner that you leave in for 20 mins and it works really well.
  • Options
    mines like that too :(

but i do use my ghd straighteners like every day :rolleyes:

hmmm :confused: :eek2:
  • Options
    aussie 3 minute miracle.

:heart:
  • Options
    Yes!! A trim and Aussie 3 Minute Miracle.
    Aussie has done wonders for my hair - I use GHD straighteners practically every day, so u can imagine the state of my hair...well, Aussie fixes that!! (It smells like bubblegum too!)
    Oh, and the Frizz-ease deep conditioning treatment is great too...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    mines like that too :(

but i do use my ghd straighteners like every day :rolleyes:

hmmm :confused: :eek2:

i hope you put an oil/serum/conditioning spray on your hair before you let that heat anywhere near it!
  • Options
    Um, well.... no I don't.. the GHD stuff is too pedantic.. if i put not enough on, it doesn't work.. if I put too much on it makes it greasy.. so I don't tend to use any protective sprays :S
  • Options
    Firstly, you should get a decent shampoo suited for your hair type, not any old shampoo. KÉRASTASE do a really good one Called 'Oleo Relax' for frizzy and dry hair. They do a serum which is more of an oily liquid called the same, but apply it to the ends rather than the roots to avoid making your hair greasy. Have a look here.
    Before you use your hair straightners (GHD's?) make sure you use a heat protection spray of some kind to avoid damaging your hair even more. Redken have a good one which not only protects your hair from the heat, but traps the heat in, allowing your hair to keep its style for longer. Look here to find it.

:)
  • Options
    i use kerastase for my hair..the one in a green bottle for damaged hair coz i have highlights. it works wonders!

also, bedhead serum is really good but pricey. and like y&s said, only put it on the ends!

you could always go to a decent hairdressers n let them sell you loadsa products :p
  • Options
    Avon Sleek and Straight Shampoo and Conditioner :thumb:
  • Options
    Totally agree with Young and Sexy about KÉRASTASE - works miracles, but costs about £12.50 (or £10 something from LookFantastic.com), worth it tho!

I use that and Umberto Gianni (sp?!) Straightening Shampoo and Conditioner :) Denman's Straightening Brushes are good too - look like a set of straighteners with bristles! (about £8.00 from Boots)