Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Glaucoma

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Who do I see about getting tested for this? The doctor or optician?

I keep getting blurred vision and I also see like blue coloured lines and spots and I know that can be a sign of glaucoma.. Maybe just paranoid though. :p

Comments

• Options
    I say go to optician because my grandmother has glacoma and that's who usually keeps a check on her eyes and glacoma.

I did have problems with glacoma, for a while, but it seems to have gone away and that was like about 6 years almost 7 years ago that that was detected, but seems to be fine after about a years check up afterwards and then was in to the eye doctor about March or April of this year and guess they didn't see any signs of it because they didn't say anything.
  • Options
    Re: Glaucoma
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Who do I see about getting tested for this? The doctor or optician?

I keep getting blurred vision and I also see like blue coloured lines and spots and I know that can be a sign of glaucoma.. Maybe just paranoid though. :p

go to your optition. i went on saturday and they checked me for it because im diabetic and suffering from retinopathy! good luck!
  • Options
    Just phoned them and they said to go to the doctors first..

Edit: When I spoke to the optician on the fone she said it sounds a bit like a migraine (SP?). Funny thing is I don't really get the pounding headache you would with one. See what the docs gotta say first.
  • Options
    Has anyone in your immediate family got glaucoma? If they have then you are more likely to get it than if you havent. My grandad has it, and it doesnt have to be a major problem if caught early, it can be controlled with drops. Get checked out, he goes to the doctor with it.

Good luck