Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

coldsores (again)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, following on from my "i think i have a coldsore, what can i do to get rid of it fast" thread

well it has definately developed into a coldsore. i was just wondering, how long, on average, does it take for them to clear up? im attacking it with zovirax just now, but it dont seem to be helping much.

any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Re: coldsores (again)
    Originally posted by paperdoll
    ok, following on from my "i think i have a coldsore, what can i do to get rid of it fast" thread

well it has definately developed into a coldsore. i was just wondering, how long, on average, does it take for them to clear up? im attacking it with zovirax just now, but it dont seem to be helping much.

any ideas?

as long as you keep it moisturised (the zovirax, or something like blistex), try not to touch it and DON'T pick it, it should be gone in a week.

the nastier ones can take up to two weeks, and can leave you with a mark for a few months.
  • Options
    This feature will give you some more info.
    :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: coldsores (again)
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Zovirax is extremely expensive for such a little tube eh!

my parents always bring me some back when they go to tenerife. it's the same stuff, but it's called something different, comes in a loads bigger tube, and only sets them back about 5 euros (you'll should know the conversion, jamie, but for everone else, that's just over £3).