Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

nothing to put here

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Our family friend is in intensive care. He got smashed into in a head on collision driving down the motorway yesterday afternoon. He's critical. He is in a coma, has had both his legs crushed, his stomach wripped up and his chest crushed in. He's had some of his insides removed but has been bleeding internally since the accident yesterday afternoon. They cant stop it. He was in surgery for five hours yesterday, and will need to go in soon again for them to attempt to stop the bleeding once more. But it doesnt look good. ugh. i've been up all night, and it looks like a another long one tonight. He's in hospital in Swindon (near where the accident happened), and we're all in Leicester. Except for his wife rita and their kids, they're down there. Oh its so shit. You know when you have nothing to do, and you just feel useless, and lost.
Im going to try and eat something, smoke some cigarettes and drink some coffee. Maybe i'll be back later. Just wanted say something.

Comments

• Options
    Im really sorry to hear that Kat. Hope he pulls through. :(
  • Options
    Oh abbie its so shit, my mums just gone to pick my dad up, he's wondering around and doesnt want to go back to the flat. he did this when kevan died (cept he lived with us then). he worries me so much
  • Options
    *big big hugs* i'm shit at words. but i hope things end up good, and i hope your dad is ok too
  • Options
    so sorry kat. my thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    Little more information this morning. It was a van that hit him, a delivery van. They said if he wasnt driving the car that he was, he wouldnt be here. He's had scans and things and he has no brain damage and his spine is ok so thats good news, but he's still in a coma and he's still bleeding. They said the bleeding has eased up slightly, but he's still critical. They're doing some tests on his heart sometime today, they think he's bruised it or done something to it. He's still on a breathing machine, although he has started to breathe himself, but one of his lungs either colapsed or got punctured, so he's finding it very difficult, although he is trying. So a little good news, but he's still critical, so we're still praying. Thanks all
  • Options
    oh my god i just found the picture of the car in the news. im going for a walk now. i'll post if we hear any more http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wiltshire/swindon/news/SWINDON_NEWS1.html
  • Options
    Oh how awful. Is there any more news? ((((big hugs))))
    thinking of you and him and his family of course.
  • Options
    urgh :( he's still critical, although its stabalising, so basically he's not going up and down up and down like he has been. He's been back in surgery for another 5 hours today, having the packs taken out of his stomach to see if he's still bleeding. I think they've done something to his legs too. But he's still in a coma. Just got to wait and see how today goes now, he should be coming out of surgery soon, if not already, so we're just waiting for a phone call. This is so shit, you know when you just cant do anything? You just feel useless, and then you do try and do something, and you just cant bring yourself to do it. Feel like a tired pile of crap. And i have my first full day back at college tomorrow 9am-6.15pm. i dont want to go but i cant sit around here. someone shoot me.
    and on top of that my partner's dad got his test results back this morning on his cancer, to tell him if its spread anywhere else, he also started chemo. but we havent heard from him. so we're waiting for that too. we only recently found out he has cancer - he's having to have his whole lung removed. Shit always happens at once doesnt it. its all so crap.