Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

men may want to avoid, its women's talk, and ladies - argh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, every month i can guarantee you i'll forget at least one of my pills. (oh yes, what a great form of contraception :rolleyes: please - no lectures). This month, (and im only half way through my packet) i have forgotten two. let me do this a little easier...

START
fri - took
sat - took
sun - took
mon - took
tues - took
wed - forgot
thur - forgot
fri - took
sat - took
sun - took & started to bleed in the afternoon/evening
mon - took & seemingly no bleeding until the evening again - tues morning hardly bled at all throughout night.
tues - took & no signs of bleeding at all until randomly about 10 o'clock last night, but again, this morning i havent bled much over the night and am not bleeding now.

This is weird, because as i said before, i have forgotten pills before but this has never happened. Like last month i forgot two aswell, but there was a few days between them and everything was fine.

I know that your body tells itself to have a period when you stop taking your pill, but it takes at least 3 nights after finishing my pill for me to come on, and then i usually come on in the daytime, very rarely at night.

so whats going on? i only forgot two, and the bleeding started like 3 days after that, im confused, and yes, i probably should go to the doctors, but im working this afternoon and thought i'd ask you lot before i went and sorted myself out.

thanks x

Comments

• Options
    ok, ok, ok.

if you miss pills, especially if you miss them in consecutive days, you may have breakthrough bleeding. this is normal. however it is a sign that you pill is no longer working properly, and you should use condoms for at least 7 days.
  • Options
    thank you a) for looking b) for replying :)

thing that got me, was that i dont start to bleed until at least 3 days after i stop my pill. thats why im so confussled. this has never ever happened before, and stupidly i forgte my pill a lot. is it just my body being an arse, or could it be something else?
  • Options
    it could be something else, but it is most likely from the skipped pills. if i miss a few out in the middle of my cycle, i always start to bleed quicker than i do when i stop for my break, if you get me.

don't know why. maybe cause there's less of a buildup of hormones half way through....
  • Options
    now i need chocolate - too much sex. urgh its gonna be one of those crap months where you wait and wait for your period and then it doesnt come cuz you know you've been naughty this month and are just stressing about it, then you spend a tenner on a bloody pregnancy test and realise you've just come on. damn the female-ness of me.
  • Options
    I always get spotting a few days after if i forget a pill. its completely normal.
    Kat, if you really want to use contraception, then id suggest something like an IUD that you cant forget to take, because if youre always forgetting to take your pill, then its a waste of time taking them at all.
    No point putting artificial hormones in your body as some sort of token gesture to pretend to yourself and everyone else that you dont want a baby, if youre going to routinely `forget` to take them.
    sorry if thats harsh sweetums.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Kat, if you really want to use contraception, then id suggest something like an IUD that you cant forget to take, because if youre always forgetting to take your pill, then its a waste of time taking them at all.

Yep listen to Rainbow, sound advice. Get the IUD and forget about it, its much easier than trying to remember to take the pill. Ask the clinic about different ones and see what they can advise you on :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    No point putting artificial hormones in your body as some sort of token gesture to pretend to yourself and everyone else that you dont want a baby, if youre going to routinely `forget` to take them.
    sorry if thats harsh sweetums.

Couldn't agree more. Try to find a form of contraception that's right for you. Check out our factsheets for more information.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Actually - following spanners link, buy this months cosmopolitan

There's a graph n stuff of what is best for you.

I found myself sitting there following these charts for ages reading up the info on each form of contraceptive.

*nods head* go buy it - very informative this month for what these peeps have been saying.

£2.80 :)

bj you are so clued up on womens issues aint ya sweetie :)
  • Options
    Well - I'm not taking the pill any more but after a contraception failure I NEVER for got my pill!!! it was life or death for me to takr the pill....
  • Options
    oh i know i know i know, but this has nothing to do with the abortion honestly byny, it really doesnt. im in a different situation from what i was then. and abbie its not something i've done on purpose, i was away from home and forgot my packet, im shit like that, but i've forgotten pills before and nothing has happened, im not like a hugely fertile person thinking that if i miss one then i'll get pregnant. I know you know how i feel about the whole thing, but i am trying to keep my head on at the moment and im not being purposely ignorant towards anything right now. anyway, thanks everyone x
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    im shit like that, but i've forgotten pills before and nothing has happened, im not like a hugely fertile person thinking that if i miss one then i'll get pregnant.

You wont be the first and certainly not the last to think like that, but it just does not work that way. You must have heard millions of people say "I didnt think it would happen to me" but it does happen and it happens when you least expect it.

Would you not prefer a contraceptive where you dont have to remember to take it ? Would life not be easier ?

Just think about it, have a chat with the nurse and she can tell you all the pros and cons and wether its suitable for you :)
  • Options
    yes becky you're right, it would be better for me, especially now when im at a point where i dont know what i want in terms of family, career and life. I was supposed to go on the patch but it hadnt arrived at my surgery and i have to wait another month or something for that. Im not thick and i do understand the risks im taking, i know that i could fall pregnant at the click of a pair of fingers, and in a way thats what i want but in another way its not what i want. its very complicated and i know i shouldnt make excuses for myself like that. but this time is genuinely a mistake, i've been really good recently, just this month i seem to have slipped up. I#ll sort myself out. eventually.
  • Options
    AAAwww we not nagging you, just watching out for ya thats all, and we also know your not stupid, you got a good head on your shoulders there kidda ;)
  • Options
    :) i know, i love you all really, and i appreciate your concern and replies, really i do