Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

under 18 and going to uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hey im as nervous and excited as everyone else about moving out of my house into halls on THE other side of the counrty!YAH!cant wait but there is one thing niggling at me im only 17.I gained my qualifications last year so could have gone at 16 but i felt an extra year would bost my confidence erm.. anyways i was wondering if the unis are really strict on underage drinkers do they ID you everywere even to get into the Union?Im worried im going to be so left out as all my friends that are also going to Aberdeen Uni are all 18.My birthday isnt till Late Jan next year am I going to be dependent on them buying me carry-outs or am i just worrying?I get into pubs and clubs in my local town but they arenot very strict only a few times have i been IDd, even though i dont look particularly old. erm HELP! :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Everyone is automatically in the Students Union (whether you pick up a card or not) and ID is rarely checked for age. As long as you dont look 12 Im sure you'll be fine
  • Options
    I go to uni in Scotland too, so there are quite a few under 18s there. They have no problem getting into the union. But going out in Edinburgh is hard for them.
  • Options
    Re: under 18 and going to uni
    Originally posted by sweet as suga
    I get into pubs and clubs in my local town but they arenot very strict only a few times have i been IDd, even though i dont look particularly old. erm HELP! :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

Hmmph, lucky you, i'm nearly 19 and i still get questioned, evenwith ID. At least i've got an excuse to be immature though. And security guards let me off.

You shouldn't be worried just bc you're younger. If you don't mention it know one will realise.