Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cosmetic Surgery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
All my life I have lived with being bullied because of my sticky-out ears. I have next to no confidence when it comes to girls...although with other things I'm the boldest person possible. I can never even face a camera full-on and I always have to tilt my head and strain my eyes to the camera to cover one ear up so it don't look so bad. My parents and friends have said my head has grown to match them but they're just trying to make me feel better but the fact is - they're not big...just stick forward a little too much and so they will never really go away. Unless I have them go under the knife that is.

Because of the mounting depression and nearlly non-existent female confidence, could I have them pulled back a bit paid by the NHS? How do I go about this? If not...how much dya reckon they'd cost to be done PROPERLLY?

I have included a picture to show how bad they are. No...I'm not fishing. It's taken me quite a while to get myself to ask about this...and even longer about including the following image.

http://www.geocities.com/davy_boy2000uk/mepics/demo.htm

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    i knew a guy who had his ears pinned back. he got it on the NHS.

but to be honest, he came back to college and no one even noticed he'd had it done.

apparently they can only put them back a few degrees...

and his were a lot more sticky-out that yours. yours look totally normal.

but if you really want to operation, like the others said, talk to your doctor.
  • Options
    I think theyre fine. My ex had much more sticky out ears than that, I thought they were cute. Think Will Smith, look at his ears!!
    I Think youve got the same problem that a lot of people have, in that you look in the mirror and see yourself in too fine a detail. Most people just look at the whole package, and wouldnt notice something like that. Im the same. You can rest assured that nobody looks at anybody in as much critical detail as they do themselves.
  • Options
    Well I spose now I feel a bit better about them seeing as taking the time to post that cost significantly less then a painful and ludicrously expensive operation!

Ahh sod it...I'm cheeky by nature anyway :D Spose it's something I inherited from my now-deceased grandad...he used to chat up the supermarket girls and everything! ^_^

So you people reckon I should directly address the issue of confidence instead?
  • Options