Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

nose piercing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How much is normal to be charged? I went in one place today and they said it was 14.99 (inc stud) but I decided to wait and check my normal piercing place, Tattooz. At Tattooz I think it cost about 17 for my belly button piercing. Anyway, I just don't want to be ripped off :)

I'm not going to ask about pain or anything, because that just freaks me out and I've already been on a piercing site this week which made me feel a lil ill... so I prefer just to have a surprise ;)

Oh, and if anyone can be bothered to look at my faceparty pages - here and here it would be nice if someone told me if it would suit me or not :) because I have a really straight nose... which makes it look big :( wish I had a cute lil one.

Comments

• Options
    i paid £9, at my local tattoo and piercing place.

can't comment about the pain, cause i had it done just after going to the dentist, and my whole face was completely numb. but from what i've heard, you're going to be surprised. :p take some tissues. your eyes will run.

got very nasty and infected though, despite my best cleaning efforts, and i had to take it out after about a month...
  • Options
    ,mine hurtr like a bitch DN COST NME TEN PUN DS
  • Options
    Ew.

No.
  • Options
    I got charged £5 but that was like 4 years ago.
  • Options
    Really can't remember how much mine cost. About £14? maybe 17. I don't know. It's just like a really intense pain but only for a little while, it doesn't ache afterwards or anything. The stud they put in first is quite big and the pole thick so I changed mine after a couple of weeks to a thinner one.
    Didn't really have any problems with it although sometimes it goes a bit red and sore if I knock it or whatever. I'm sure it'll be fine though :)
  • Options
    I had my nose pierced when I was 12... I can't remember how much I paid 5 years ago.
    As for pain, well... I didn't feel much pain - My piercer made me numb first.. the only pain is the aching/stinging afterwards.. which ya get with practically every piercing.
    Because I have Psoriasis, my nose got infected, and a keloid formed. It took about 12 months to heal when the norm is about 4-6 weeks!!!

I love my piercing, and have done for 5 years, and will for the rest of my life. No Regrets :D

Ilora x
  • Options
    A m8 of mine had it done a few weeks ago, she said it didnt hurt much more than having her ears done! Just cos its a relatively thin piece of skin. Also, this m8 of mine has a rather large nose, but the stud looks ok. I had a look at ur fp pics and I dont think u have anything to worry about. If u want it that much, go for it! If u dont like it u can always take it out! Good luck!x
  • Options
    I'd say, go for it. As has already been said, if you don't like it, you can take it out, and within weeks all that'll show is a red mark which will fade in time. Normally the hole closes up and, upon close examination, just looks like a larger than normal pore. So don't worry too much about it.
    It can look pretty ugly while it's healing though, and takes a couple of months to heal properly.
    Having looked at your pics, I think it'll look fine.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    goddamn!! next piercing i get i'm getting it done over there... i have *never* seen a place pierce anything for less than $50
  • Options
  • Options
    Having looked at your pics, I think it'll look fine.

Aww thank you Mizz Pink and Mr Wobble. Although of course my fp pics are specially chosen to make me look good, lol.
    goddamn!! next piercing i get i'm getting it done over there... i have *never* seen a place pierce anything for less than $50

OMG, really?? That's so expensive :-S I had, lets see... 2 sets of earlobes done for a fiver each, one cartilage in ear for 2.50 (went halves with a friend) and one cartilage for a fiver. And as I said, belly button was about 17 pounds. (No pound sign, sorry :P )
  • Options
    Mine cost £1, in 1998. wasn't allowed to get it till I was 16. My friend got it in America and it cost $45, shocking!

I always lose the studs though, just buy the cheap ones.

It doesn't hurt that much.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    Aww thank you Mizz Pink and Mr Wobble. Although of course my fp pics are specially chosen to make me look good, lol.

OMG, really?? That's so expensive :-S I had, lets see... 2 sets of earlobes done for a fiver each, one cartilage in ear for 2.50 (went halves with a friend) and one cartilage for a fiver. And as I said, belly button was about 17 pounds. (No pound sign, sorry :P )

wow, that is not even fair. nose - $50, tongue - $55, ears - $50, lip - $55, eyebrow - $55 nipple - $80, bridge - $75

how come its so cheap over there??
  • Options
    wow, that is not even fair. nose - $50, tongue - $55, ears - $50, lip - $55, eyebrow - $55 nipple - $80, bridge - $75

how come its so cheap over there??

It's seriously that expensive??? Maybe you go to posh piercers, lol. I had my ears done in cheapo places, one was in a market and the other just a high street jewellers - the cheapest in town for ear piercings!
  • Options
    just had it done- hurt more than tattoo or other piercings! (ears, navel) not sure if i like it yet but when i change the stud i think i will. this one's a bit big and the metal inside looks like a snot :crazyeyes :shocking: :yuck: