Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Glasgow University

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Does anybody go to Glasgow uni? Just wondering if it's any good, if the city is a good place to study and what the student life's like.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I live in Glasgow and my Gran stays up the road from it. Its a great place to go to according to my mates older brother and theres even a student village on the banks of the canal about ten to fifteen minutes walk away from the Uni.

Glasgow is quite a nice place to live actually.

Hope it helps
  • Options
    Is Glasgow Art School far from it - what's that like? I know you get a degree from the University of Glasgow at the Art School so I assume they're close?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Neil
    Is Glasgow Art School far from it - what's that like? I know you get a degree from the University of Glasgow at the Art School so I assume they're close?

To tell you the truth, Ive heard of the Art school but never noticed it when Ive been out. They are close.
  • Options
    I've heard it's full of smackheads though. Does the city have a rock scene?
  • Options
    We have loads of clubs from Clatty Pat's (Cleopatra's) to the Cat House for goths.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    I've heard it's full of smackheads though.

who told you that shit???????????????
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    I've heard it's full of smackheads though.

Do you mean the City, or the University dear? Alot of English people study at the Uni actually, so it would be them that are the smackheads. Glasgow is not a shall we say "Purer than an angel's fart" but there are far worse places to go for druggies and hem, hem, 'Smackheads'.